joe

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
Smoking Loon was part of our all animal wine night. We had chickens, moose, frogs, lizards. It was an animal planet type of night. Total c(*)de. :D

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
No, if anyone orders Merlot, I'm leaving. I am NOT drinking any fcuking Merlot! :D

Whatcha got in the other one?

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pinot noir. Starting with the pinot, ending with the merlot if I'm feeling up to it :D

joe

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bottoms up!

joe

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Andrea138 said:
I can't quit you

It must be true love, because I look pretty tool-ish in that picture.

joe

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
It must be true love, because I look pretty tool-ish in that picture.

joe
We had some of the pinot last Friday night. It was...adequate. Well, for $11, it was a pretty good pinot. For $11. Would be pretty good by itself.

I had to rush out and buy them because we had guests for dinner, and the three bottles of Italian wine I bought at the fancy wine store near work were all, ALL, corked. At least when I called to complain they offered to come to my house with three new bottles (a 20 minute trip each way). But with three duds, no way was I having more of the same. Went in on Wednesday and exchanged the rancid plonk for what I hope are three very nice barberas.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bikeboy389 said:
We had some of the pinot last Friday night. It was...adequate. Well, for $11, it was a pretty good pinot. For $11. Would be pretty good by itself.

I had to rush out and buy them because we had guests for dinner, and the three bottles of Italian wine I bought at the fancy wine store near work were all, ALL, corked. At least when I called to complain they offered to come to my house with three new bottles (a 20 minute trip each way). But with three duds, no way was I having more of the same. Went in on Wednesday and exchanged the rancid plonk for what I hope are three very nice barberas.

It's not bad at all, I don't think. And it's $8 at the supermarket across the street.

joe

·
Cpark
2,062 Posts
bikeboy389 said:

You know your wine.
I work for a Liquor/Wine distributor and I'm shocked that there are very small amount of returns to the stores. I believe about 5% of wine out there are corked.....

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sooooooo......

joe

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
cpark said:
You know your wine.
I work for a Liquor/Wine distributor and I'm shocked that there are very small amount of returns to the stores. I believe about 5% of wine out there are corked.....
Yeah, I figure the rate is probably one per case in most instances. I really should have known better than to buy a 2004 Italian blend. But the guy in the store was raving about what a good wine it was, and how they'd done a tasting the day before.

When I returned it, a different guy said, "Oh yeah. During the tasting the dealer actually sh*tcanned two bottles before he had one he'd let us taste. Guess that should have been a bad sign. We're pulling the rest off the shelf."

That night put our record at 4 good bottles out of the last 9 opened. But before that we were opening stuff that had been in our basement quite a while, and my Father-in-law's cellar for quite a while before that, so we knew it was risky. Didn't expect that from the wine shop I went to.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bikeboy389 said:
Yeah, I figure the rate is probably one per case in most instances. I really should have known better than to buy a 2004 Italian blend. But the guy in the store was raving about what a good wine it was, and how they'd done a tasting the day before.

When I returned it, a different guy said, "Oh yeah. During the tasting the dealer actually sh*tcanned two bottles before he had one he'd let us taste. Guess that should have been a bad sign. We're pulling the rest off the shelf."

That night put our record at 4 good bottles out of the last 9 opened. But before that we were opening stuff that had been in our basement quite a while, and my Father-in-law's cellar for quite a while before that, so we knew it was risky. Didn't expect that from the wine shop I went to.

I bought a bottle of wine from WF that was straight turpentine. Nearly made me gag. I bought it on the suggestion of one of the employees there.

joe

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Apocalipto is on. Nice.

joe

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.