Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this bike in the Gallery section posted by member RonMadone.

This is the most white I have seen on bike. I think I like it. It's so sculptural and austere like modernist design. Belongs next to a cool old 1969 Toyota 2000GT or Citreon SM.

At the same it's kind of eerie, reminding me of those ghost bikes that spray painted white to mark a downed rider.

What do you think of this build?

·
Registered
414 Posts
holy cromoly said:
At the same it's kind of eerie, reminding me of those ghost bikes that spray painted white to mark a downed rider.
While I'm a fan of white components, this particular bike freaks me out for that very reason. Just too similar to those memorial, all-white "Ghost Bikes" displayed in many cities: https://www.ghostbikes.org/

-Paul

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
Everybody's got their own thing, but yeah... The first thing that came to mind was Ghost Bike.

I gave up on white bar tape the last time it was popular, in the 80's. White tires seem just plain silly.

Other components? Whatever - white doesn't work with my bike, but can be a fit for some.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Not a fan...

especially of the "warning" sticker affixed to the fork. What's up with that?

All black = cool
Some white accent components = cool
All white = "ghost bike"

G

·
holy cromoly said:
I came across this bike in the Gallery section posted by member RonMadone.

This is the most white I have seen on bike. I think I like it. It's so sculptural and austere like modernist design. Belongs next to a cool old 1969 Toyota 2000GT or Citreon SM.

What do you think of this build?
Uummm,

No.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
Why would you use Force on a "white build"?

I mean silver works better on any level right?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts