Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
fifth time's a charm
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No really that is the name....Watch Talk Forum. I've always been a watch nut, although I sold one of my Rolex watches to buy some wheels. Anyhoo, they seem nice, but very normal. I don't think they would see the humor in a loud "suck it, or get stabbed" phrase.:D

Here's an M.C. Escher picture-:p

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
I see potential for a social experiment here.

joe

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
Cool...I'll check it out...I'm a watch freak too
I just wanna know why my goddamn Festina TDF watch keeps losing time. Wondering if it has a bad movement. I just replaced the battery thinking it was that. And it's random--it'll go for weeks keeping great time and then...bam...lose a half an hour or more over the night. Maybe I'm time travelling like Lost? :idea:

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I just wanna know why my goddamn Festina TDF watch keeps losing time. Wondering if it has a bad movement. I just replaced the battery thinking it was that. And it's random--it'll go for weeks keeping great time and then...bam...lose a half an hour or more over the night. Maybe I'm time travelling like Lost? :idea:
Festina? try a little EPO, that will speed it up.

·
fifth time's a charm
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bocephus Jones II said:
BJ- prob. the movement. Most of those use ETA movements, and while most of them are pretty good there's the occasional lemon. If you were wearing it all the time and experiencing this problem I would say it might be your body. I've heard there are those people that have the odd ability to rapidly discharge a watch battery. Whether that is urban legend or not I'm not sure.

·
fifth time's a charm
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
terry b said:
Two of my favorites.
Dude, those are hot. The Bell is great, and it is nice to see the Zenith. As I'm sure you are aware that Rolex used the Zenith movement in their Daytona series up until a few years ago. :thumbsup:

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
I just replaced the battery on mine... It keeps good time but it did before too...It might be your movement
Wonder what a new movement would cost...any ideas? Wife bought this for me for father's day a while back so it has sentimental value. I wear it almost daily.

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
I see potential for a social experiment here.

joe
If I had time, I'd join for awhile too. Just slowly change the culture there and then quietly slip away. Maybe that's what Scotty was here for...

·
fifth time's a charm
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dave Hickey said:
Here is mine...Heuer Skipper..It was my fathers
Dave- That's a cool watch. When I was a kid my first nice watch was a Heuer. That was before TAG became part of the brand. I remember getting a Heuer catalog and seeing all the different regatta watches, this was back in the early eighties- great stuff.:)

·
fifth time's a charm
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bocephus Jones II said:
Wonder what a new movement would cost...any ideas? Wife bought this for me for father's day a while back so it has sentimental value. I wear it almost daily.
The actual price for an ETA quartz movement is very reasonable. In fact it is often said that the box the movement comes in cost more than the movement. Now, if the shop charges the correct price for one, that's another issue.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.