Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going through some junk last night and found my super nintendo and about 15 games. Woo hoo! Best find in a while. Hooked it up, and by golly it still works. So I was playing super mario brothers this afternoon when my little cousin came over. She's 14. I restarted the game so we could play 2 player and needless to say, she sucked at the super marios. So I was like here, lemme show you. I've been playing this game since before you were born. She got all cocky and said "nuh uh. blah blah blah." Then I showed her the copyright date on the game was 1991. That so made me feel old. But who cares? I still have a super nintendo that works, and that's better than being 14, anyway. :D

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
yarble said:
remember when you had to blow on the game to make it work?
You mean like when I had to do that 30 minutes ago? Why yes, I do. Those games are temperamental.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
Gig 'em said:
I was going through some junk last night and found my super nintendo and about 15 games. Woo hoo! Best find in a while. Hooked it up, and by golly it still works. So I was playing super mario brothers this afternoon when my little cousin came over. She's 14. I restarted the game so we could play 2 player and needless to say, she sucked at the super marios. So I was like here, lemme show you. I've been playing this game since before you were born. She got all cocky and said "nuh uh. blah blah blah." Then I showed her the copyright date on the game was 1991. That so made me feel old. But who cares? I still have a super nintendo that works, and that's better than being 14, anyway. :D
remember when you had to blow on the game to make it work?

·
This space for sale
783 Posts
I found my old super nintendo not so long ago as well. The best game on it was Super Mario Cart. I stayed up until the early hours of the morning playing it with a mate just last weekend.

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
Ahhhh, Nintendo.

I still have my Atari 2600 and a Sega Genesis. I really liked the X-Men games on Sega and PGATour III was better than ANY Tiger Woods PS game! Does anyone here get G4TechTV on their cable system? It's a video game network. They have cool shows on the history of Nintendo, Sega, Sony etc. I don't know what it is about those older systems, but, I could watch for hours about them. :)

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
That's why I have tendanitus in my thumbs!

I still have a Sega Genesis and Dreamcast. I love them both, Vector man was my favorite for Genesis, I love when he juggles his arm. I usually find games for them both at yard sales for nearly nothing.
I remember going to my friends house to play Nintendo, we had a VIC 20 with a tape deck.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Man, my SNES is hooked up and working right now. MY original NES is also hooked up, but it's not working that well. I can't find my Sega, but it's around somewhere. Same goes for my Atari.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
I'm getting flashbacks!

I can still hear the tune after about 15 years.. :eek:

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
Also

I had a Commodore64. It had the tape player, disc drive, and a printer that weighed in at a scant 200lbs. I had some cool games at the time for it. Bird vs. DrJ., F-15 Strike Eagle, Gunship, and a ton of others that a friend of mine in the Air Force got for me free. It died a long time ago.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts

Tape loaded, took forever to load a tiny game making lots of meeeeeep mp mp piiiiiiiiiiii! noises only to tell you "syntax error" :rolleyes:

And for music making:

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Speaking of F-15, I saw the Top Gun game for original NES on Ebay. I wanted it so bad I bid on the game and the NES to go with it. ;)

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
If you had a Commodore 64 you had a better system than me. I had Vic 20 hooked up to an old black and white TV and the coolest "accessory" I had was my flight helmet which I wore during "Dam bomber". The flight helmet was my brother's blue baseball helmet, I atached a piece of green florists wire to the ear hole bent it around in front of my mouth where I wrapped the end in masking tape, that was my comm. piece so I could give commands to the other fighters.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
rogger said:

Tape loaded, took forever to load a tiny game making lots of meeeeeep mp mp piiiiiiiiiiii! noises only to tell you "syntax error" :rolleyes:

And for music making:
I miss my Sinclair. :(

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
KenB said:
I miss my Sinclair. :(
I had one of these bad boys--no HD, but I had a freakin COLOR screen. Used to play a game called Ultima and also played MS Flight SImulator. Programming was Basic natch.

·
Registered
463 Posts
zeytin said:
If you had a Commodore 64 you had a better system than me. I had Vic 20 hooked up to an old black and white TV and the coolest "accessory" I had was my flight helmet which I wore during "Dam bomber". The flight helmet was my brother's blue baseball helmet, I atached a piece of green florists wire to the ear hole bent it around in front of my mouth where I wrapped the end in masking tape, that was my comm. piece so I could give commands to the other fighters.
MEMORIES !!! I had a Vic 20 as well, I can remember

LOAD *.*

:)

·
Registered
362 Posts
I still have my NES, SNES and Genesis hooked up at my parents house in my old room. It's nice to visit the family and let my 14 year old brother know that I can still dominate him in some Video Games. He tried to get me to play his Play Station 2 around Christmas time (think it was Final Fantasy) and I had no idea what to do with all of the buttons or even the object of the game itself.

·
BrooklynVelo
1,426 Posts
Gig 'em said:
Man! I wasn't allowed to have the Super Nintendo. Although I did have and still have a working NES with......

R.O.B.!

Man did I play Gyromite like an animal with ROB by my side.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts