Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
No hero that's understood
Joined
·
6,100 Posts
Was this some sort of torture? Were you really mean to someone?

There ain't a lot of places in your foot where they can stick a needle.

While being tested to be extra sure that I have gout, a sadistic lab tech jammed a needle into the large joint in my big toe and drew out the fluid for testing. I have heard that the government is no longer waterboarding since they came up with this technique.

I hope your experience was better.

What was the cortisone fixing? (other than inflammation)
 

·
Reality Star
Joined
·
893 Posts
I hate to tell you this but cortisone works just as well and just as quickly when taken by mouth or by injection.

Double Ouch !!!
 

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
Joined
·
21,050 Posts
the pix.

where are they.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
q_and_a said:
Was this some sort of torture? Were you really mean to someone?

There ain't a lot of places in your foot where they can stick a needle.

While being tested to be extra sure that I have gout, a sadistic lab tech jammed a needle into the large joint in my big toe and drew out the fluid for testing. I have heard that the government is no longer waterboarding since they came up with this technique.

I hope your experience was better.

What was the cortisone fixing? (other than inflammation)
T'was for a problem around the big toe area. In the metatarsal. It came about from the pounding my foot was taking from running.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haiku d'etat said:
the pix.

where are they.
There's a blood spot on the band aid is where he gave me one of the shots.

I got a shot in the metatarsal by the big toe and one on top.
 

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
Joined
·
5,930 Posts
I had one of those a few years ago. Went rock climbing then had to wear high heels all night at a party. Numb/ painful toes for a few days sent me to a podiatrist.

Shot hurt like the dickens, but everything started to feel better within a few days.

Good luck to you!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HokieRider said:
I had one of those a few years ago. Went rock climbing then had to wear high heels all night at a party. Numb/ painful toes for a few days sent me to a podiatrist.

Shot hurt like the dickens, but everything started to feel better within a few days.

Good luck to you!
Thanks, Hokie.

I just ran into Hollywood and got an up close and personal look at his cankles. Jeebus. Made me glad all I have to do is figure out how to take a shower w/o getting my tape wet.
 

·
remodeling...me
Joined
·
4,177 Posts
Hope you are feeling better, love the blue nail polish!

Not to hijak, but what's the deal with Cortisone?
The reason I ask is I have plantar fasciitis and the Doc wants to give me the shot but I'm afraid that long term it will make the heel worse. When I got it for my carpal tunnel it worked for awhile and then things seemed to get a lot worse really fast and I had to have the surgery.
 

·
MORE MINIMALISM DANG IT!!
Joined
·
991 Posts
zeytin said:
Hope you are feeling better, love the blue nail polish!

Not to hijak, but what's the deal with Cortisone?
The reason I ask is I have plantar fasciitis and the Doc wants to give me the shot but I'm afraid that long term it will make the heel worse. When I got it for my carpal tunnel it worked for awhile and then things seemed to get a lot worse really fast and I had to have the surgery.
If you want a brief and partial respite (30-60 days or so) from the pain of PF, the cortisone shot inside the heel might work, but In my experience surgery was ultimately the only answer and even then it took about a year to completely heal. I tried ultrasound, cortisone, orthotics--everything until I finally had the surgery. i wish I had just jumped in and gotten it overwith. Bottom line, it sucks. Alot. Good Luck.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
zeytin said:
Hope you are feeling better, love the blue nail polish!

Not to hijak, but what's the deal with Cortisone?
The reason I ask is I have plantar fasciitis and the Doc wants to give me the shot but I'm afraid that long term it will make the heel worse. When I got it for my carpal tunnel it worked for awhile and then things seemed to get a lot worse really fast and I had to have the surgery.
I got a cortisone shot for my plantar fasciitis from the same doc last year. It helped to relieve the inflammation and prep my foot for the orthotics.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top