Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just bought Madone 5.2's! I just picked them up today. All I have to do now is pay for them (YIKES!) She got an '05 closeout (last one in the store), so that helped somewhat. Anyway, the ride is TOTALLY worth the dent to my visa bill. I posted a query on the General forum about carbon frames and their durability. After being thoroughly convinced there, we jumped! And, on the last day of our LBS's anniversary sale!! This bike is so smooth and so fast, I don't think I'll ever get it up to its top speed. No matter how fast I go, it merely laughs and says, "Is that all you got? C'mon!!" Totally fun!! Anyway, I just wanted to share my good fortune with folks who might understand how I feel at this moment. I CANNOT wait for the sun to come up and get back out there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My first 100 miles...

were AWESOME!! Just got back from a trip out to the country. We brought the bikes along and had some incredible rides! Over the course of 3 rides, we put in 100 miles or so. For me, nothing hurts so far. All lights are green. My wife needs some adjustments to the saddle, or perhaps a new one altogether. Any ladies out there that can suggest a more female oriented saddle? Overall, we are both thrilled with the Madones. Pictures will be forthcoming at some point when I have a few extra minutes. However, I usually spen those extra minutes RIDING!!!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
link included

RD-Man said:
were AWESOME!! Just got back from a trip out to the country. We brought the bikes along and had some incredible rides! Over the course of 3 rides, we put in 100 miles or so. For me, nothing hurts so far. All lights are green. My wife needs some adjustments to the saddle, or perhaps a new one altogether. Any ladies out there that can suggest a more female oriented saddle? Overall, we are both thrilled with the Madones. Pictures will be forthcoming at some point when I have a few extra minutes. However, I usually spen those extra minutes RIDING!!!
have a read of this by Steve Hogg.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/fitness/?id=2006/letters07-03#Best

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.