Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son's team won the 18 and under National Hockey Championship this weekend.

It was a round robin tournament that started last Wed.... They ended the round robin with a 3 and 1 record.

They beat a team from St Louis yesterday morning in the quarter finals and a team from Boston last night in the semi's...They won both of those games by only one goal... 2-1 and 3-2..

They came out for the championship game this morning and dominated the New York team and won 7-1.....

yeah, I'm a proud papa:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
I'll bet there's some real bad juju going on with the teams from Boston and NY. "How could we get beat by a team from, from ....TEXAS!?!?!?"

Good on your kid and the team.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
PDex said:
I'll bet there's some real bad juju going on with the teams from Boston and NY. "How could we get beat by a team from, from ....TEXAS!?!?!?"

Good on your kid and the team.
It helped a bit when the North Stars moved to Dallas in the 90's.

Dave: big props to you and Jr! You gotta have pics, yes?

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
JustTooBig said:

Helped big time - as well as the snowbirds who have moved south.

In the '70s, our lowly high school team from Philly beat an club team from Wilmington, MA. They were not happy.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PDex said:
Helped big time - as well as the snowbirds who have moved south.

In the '70s, our lowly high school team from Philly beat an club team from Wilmington, MA. They were not happy.
Just about every kid on our team was born up north...Our coach is from Russia...Being from Texas helps...they tend to overlook us...

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
Just about every kid on our team was born up north...Our coach is from Russia...Being from Texas helps...they tend to overlook us...
That's awesome, Dave. All those weekend mornings getting up at 5:00 AM really paid off.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PDex said:
That's awesome, Dave. All those weekend mornings getting up at 5:00 AM really paid off.
yeah....one of the happiest days of my life was when both of the my hockey playing boys got their drivers licences......I don't miss those days but I wouldn't trade them for the world:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JustTooBig said:

Thanks.....The North Stars moving here made all the difference...We have more sheets of ice than most northern cities outside of Canada..

The metroplex has 20 sheets of ice with 2 more opening next year. In this land of football, hockey is extremely popular

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
WOOTWOOT for Hickey Jr. That rocks! All the hard work finally pays off!

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
DH... is that a faux hawk? How could you allow such hair to proliferate in your household.

·
Registered
618 Posts
SUPER COOL. Epic lifetime experience..... What a great accomplishment for your son, I cannot imagine the pride you must feel.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts