Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

WTF should I do now?

• 1. get some more "onions", hold her down and finish what you started, wimp

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • 2. try again next year with those "edible daisies" you heard about

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • 3. read up on automobile brake systems

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • 4. buy her roses, they're poisonous too right?

Votes: 3 16.7%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little daughter and I found some great wild onions/shallots growing in the back yard. HUGE bulbs and a big robust bunch of them. So we dug 'em up, knocked the dirt off and brought 'em inside, where daughter washed them and set them on paper towels to dry.

Anybody remember my apperciation thread on those from last year? It's become a Spring ritual around here.

Then, exchausted from all that manual labor, I went for my nap.

I woke a few minutes ago, wander into the living room to see my lovely spouse vomiting into a bucket. Literally.

Between spurts, she looks at me and says "Those aren't onions. They are daffodils"

Seems she had chomped on a bulb, it didn't taste quite right but she kept going.

At this moment she's on the phone with Poison Control. Her tone of voice sounds like she might not die after all.

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
Nice darwin award there. Death by daffodil. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
You are in SOOO much trouble mister, as soon as I get done vomiting, I am going to cause some problems.

Creakyknees said:
Little daughter and I found some great wild onions/shallots growing in the back yard. HUGE bulbs and a big robust bunch of them. So we dug 'em up, knocked the dirt off and brought 'em inside, where daughter washed them and set them on paper towels to dry.

Anybody remember my apperciation thread on those from last year? It's become a Spring ritual around here.

Then, exchausted from all that manual labor, I went for my nap.

I woke a few minutes ago, wander into the living room to see my lovely spouse vomiting into a bucket. Literally.

Between spurts, she looks at me and says "Those aren't onions. They are daffodils"

Seems she had chomped on a bulb, it didn't taste quite right but she kept going.

At this moment she's on the phone with Poison Control. Her tone of voice sounds like she might not die after all.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok things have calmed down a bit, she was making a bunch of racket while I was trying to poast this but she's taking a nice nap on the living room floor now.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kidding. morbid humor.

she's fine.

I still have no idea how I'm going to recover the spouse credit for this one.

·
Large Suburban Male
3,599 Posts
Not sure who to award the i d 10 t award to - you for digging up 'onions', or your wife for continuing to eat them, despite the fact that 'it didn't taste quite right'.

Does this kind of thing happen in your house often?

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Creakyknees said:
kidding. morbid humor.

she's fine.

I still have no idea how I'm going to recover the spouse credit for this one.
Gonna be tough, since you plainly forced her to eat one. Even after it tasted wrong. While you were asleep.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
terry b said:
I have some really big clumps of mushrooms growing under my Weeping Mulberry. Would you like me to dry them and send them over?
um yeah but only if they're the kind we used to have in college....

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sometime I'll tell you the story about my buddy's uncle's lake house in the dark piney woods of east texas, my other buddy's bachelor party weekend, and my 3rd buddy who was in the coast guard and brought 2 cases of glowsticks.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
Creakyknees said:
ok things have calmed down a bit, she was making a bunch of racket while I was trying to poast this but she's taking a nice nap on the living room floor now.

Are you sure she's still breathing? :eek:

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
Why was your wife "chomping" on a seemingly raw onion? That's a little gross, IMO.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts