Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not koad.

Was re-arranging bikes and wheels and worklight and bikestand in the garage, and the C'Dale decided to take a little walk, directly into the pole that holds up my big fan.

Result: a stream of blue language and a dime-sized dent in the top tube.

Nothing to make it unrideable of course, just annoying.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
That's a bummer, man.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Ouch and I feel your pain. I will not jinx myself with the a laugh or a snide comment because I know I will get run over by a truck if I do.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Meh, a mere flesh wound!
i was all geared up to go mtn biking w/ my stepson this morning, mounted my GF Sugar and pedaled, chain and cassette moves but rear-hub doesnt:(

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Well, not to rub it in, but any pictures?

It's not too bad right? I hope so.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Get a Carbon frame next time. :D :p

I dropped some storm shutters on my Litespeed aluminum bike years ago. Right on the TT! It left a very small, small ding as I kinda saved it.

I feel your pain!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
I did the same thing...

I don't know if you can block out an aluminum frame but you can with steel....I'm taking my custom SS over to Cheakas to have him block out the dent.......
What is "block out" a dent?

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
lancezneighbor said:
What is "block out" a dent?

Tubing blocks are in two pieces and each side has a concave section the same diameter of the tube. They bolt together... when bolted together, there is a hole the exact diameter of the tube

It's a delicate process where the builder gently works the blocks around the tube....

In theory when a dent occurs, metal protrudes outside the diameter of the tube...By blocking the tube, it will push the metal back in and "pop out the dent"...

It's hard to describe but it really works...

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well I just got back from a ride including some full-power uphill jams; and it seems to have held up to the massive torsional forces generated by my perfectly proportioned and cleanly defined guads.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dave Hickey said:
uphill jams around here?
not on your side of town, no.

I keep tellin ya, you gotta get out on the NE side to find some leg-breakers.

G

·
Creakyknees said:
well I just got back from a ride including some full-power uphill jams; and it seems to have held up to the massive torsional forces generated by my perfectly proportioned and cleanly defined guads.
What's a "guad" ???

·
Done
4,509 Posts
This is what Livestrong stickers were made for - advertising an excellent cause and hiding top tube dings.

Really, once you are comfortable that the ding isn't fatal, just slap a sticker over it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts