Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Le Misérable
4,374 Posts
Hmmm...my record is 62, and 96/100. You've got a decent chance to beat both of those. Good luck sir, and do report back.

I'm convinced there are some card arrangements that are unwinnable...there should be some important mathematicians working on this problem.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ibashii said:
Hmmm...my record is 62, and 96/100. You've got a decent chance to beat both of those. Good luck sir, and do report back.

I'm convinced there are some card arrangements that are unwinnable...there should be some important mathematicians working on this problem.
At one time, in a more bored part of my life I started playing Freecell on XP beginning with Game 1 and following the numeric sequence. I certainly encountered what appeared to be unwinnable games following that process, and I could go back and try to solve them endlessly. It's not unexpected given the possibilities of the deal.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
terry b said:
Mine is on the order of 42.
My late grandmother was a freecell fanatic. She did the sequential order thing and had beaten 28,000 or so. She kept track of it.

My grandfather on the other side plays solitaire. Keeps a record of his score. He's played 15+ games everyday for over a decade. I'm pretty sure his games played are in the 60,000s.

Also, she had the numbers written down of the specific games that weren't winnable.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
You need to turn pro. Professional Freecell players get all the hot chicks.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,791 Posts
terry b said:
At one time, in a more bored part of my life I started playing Freecell on XP beginning with Game 1 and following the numeric sequence. I certainly encountered what appeared to be unwinnable games following that process, and I could go back and try to solve them endlessly. It's not unexpected given the possibilities of the deal.
I think I've encountered 3 games which I could not beat. Honestly cannot remember which ones to be specific. I went through FreeCell Rehab a while back.

·
Registered
104 Posts
bmxhacksaw said:
But have you ever beat the hardest level of spider solitaire?
I'm a little over 9%...240W and 2336L...with 4 wins as my longest streak. I have a personal rule that I don't 'undo' anything until the final flop.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts