Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Embrace your inner Fred
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It feels like Im plateauing[?].....Ive pushed myself pretty hard up to what it feels like my current limit over the past few weeks. Ive noticed better breathing, a little more stamina but everytime I train now it feels like Im not getting anymore results. I ride pretty much everyday now even If I dont ride to work during the week.

Ive done the balls out sprints till I have nothing left and then coast repeat. Seems like I cant improve my time and my endurance seems to be the same even after a few weeks. Deffinately an improvement over how I started but getting a bit discouraged the past few days. Maybe I should give it a rest for a few days and try again?:cryin:

· Registered
8,252 Posts
Keep working at it...that's the hard part.

As with everything, when you start the improvement curve is large. You make gains quickly and get better fast. But then improvement slows down and it takes longer and longer to make gains....to the point that it may take months to see real gains.

As they say...it doesn't get any easier, just faster!

Basically, just keep working and the gains will come...just slower than you are used to.

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
"Maybe I should give it a rest for a few days and try again?"

No, just take a day off.

· Embrace your inner Fred
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the advice Wookie and the Grump. I took today off. Ill try the ride again tommorrow and see how I feel. Sucks that I havent gotten to any level worth talking about and Ive plateaued. Will keep pluging away however.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.