10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't ask for funnel clouds and hail to go along with it. :mad:

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Lesson #13:

Be careful what you wish for.

PS. I want sunshine and high temperatures!

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We'll get that, too, later on in the day. Ah, gotta love that Florida weather. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to bed. Thunderstorms are the best weather to sleep in.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Sleep tight.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I feel your pain. A little rain here and there never hurt anyone. I'm in central VA and we're about to get hammered by some storms which will last all day, some are expected to be severe. Normally I'd be excited - I like storms while I'm inside. Thunder is cool. No big deal.

But here I am sitting in my fuel truck loaded with 5000 gallons of Jet-A at Richmond International Airport surrounded by very tall aircraft tails, a.k.a. lightning magnets, in an otherwise wide-open area. Two summers ago I was standing under the wing of a King Air when it was struck by lightning. Scariest moment of my life. I never ran so fast. We're also not expected to get a little rain, we're gonna get poured on. No amount of rain gear will keep you dry standing outside for 8 hours in pouring rain. *grumble mumble whinewhine*

·
Poseur
1,677 Posts
88 here today,

and we are going to a "Block Party" put on by a nearby city this afternoon. It's going to be another sweaty experience. Mark Farner is playing there, with a bunch of other musicians frrm bands like Rare Earth, Alice Cooper, Blues Image, Cannibal and the Headhunters, and others. Also a lot of local bands playing, 4 stages set up in different areas. Always fun, but always hot! Thing about living in Florida is that spring lasts about a week, and then it's miserable from April to November. Oh, by the way, the Block Party is in Punta Gorda, ground zero for hurricane Charley. There's still a lot of repair work left to do on houses and buildings, but it's moving along. One of my employees just moved back into his house last week, after waiting all this time for it to be fixed.
And my project this morning, is to replace my pool pump and filter, which is now going to turn into a major pain in the butt, with the limited space I have to work with. So I am off to Home Depot for more pipe fittings and such. At least I can stop in my fav LBS and get some new gloves while I'm down there.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aeronaut said:
I feel your pain. A little rain here and there never hurt anyone. I'm in central VA and we're about to get hammered by some storms which will last all day, some are expected to be severe.
That's the system that moved through here early this morning. It turned out not to be too bad this far south. The system was moving northeast, so we just got clipped for an hour or so. Good luck with all that fuel in all that rain. :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
The rain stopped, looks like another thin band might move through in 45 minutes to an hour. Luckily I only have 1 more plane left to fuel at 1230, and it's an MD88 which means I can stand under the wing. ;) But every plane I fueled during the rain we just had was too small to stand under the wing, so yeah. I'm soaked.

I need a new job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts