Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I' m useing Garmin EDGE 305 and it works really perfect. BUT Under a strong light of 1 pm sun over the road, it 's so hard to read the data on the screen, lots of reflexes with shade and shadow on the screen. That 's why I 'm thinking about a computer which can be used as a watch.

At first, I focused on Garmin Forerunner series but I curious it could disturb to each other ornot(EDGE and Forerunner). Also, The only data I reaaly want on this watch just current speed, nothing more fancy than a basic cycle-computor. So, why should i pay for another GPS watch if I will not really need those fancy function.

Any suggestion for me?? I have Cateyes ASTRAL 8 but with the wire, it will never able to use on my wrist. If I have to buy a new computer, which watch-style cycle computor is fit for me?

·
village idiot
19 Posts
My polar 725x can be worn on the bars or the wrist. It's probably a bit overkill for what you're asking, but it can do cyclocomputer functions and heart rate functions. And it has optional power if you want to go that route.

·
Registered
69 Posts
second the polar

I second the polar recommendation. I have a 3 yo S720i. It comes with a mount for the handlebars. Sometimes I wear it as a watch too.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I have a Suunto T6C that can be used as a cyclecomputer. All you need is a skewer with a magnet and you're there. Right now I just use it as a heart rate monitor. The included software is also intuitive.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The Edge 605 and 705 units have a backlit screen. I use the adjustable backlight on my 605 when a) early morning light is low b) skies are gray and cloudy and c) bright afternoon sun is in full bore.

largegiant's suggestion of anti glare material would work well, too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all of you,

unfortunately, I 'm from Thailand which the only one way to get the glare stuff is via eBay. I found that price+shipping is too close to price of Garmin Forerunner 50 watch only. But I still curious how those 2 Garmin (EDGE,Forerunner) work on the same place at the same time and from the same wireless speed/cadence?? Can 1 speed/cadence pair and work with 2 reciever at the same time?? And also, the same question for HRM chest strap.

Well, the Polar 're very interresting but one of my team-mate useing their power meter and found that working with chain have one weak point. The old chain and new chain make different data.

However, I stiill trying to search for a very plane speed/cadence wireless watch style cyclo-computer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts