Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I didn't but my wife did. She followed Allen Lim's (Garmin Slipstream) recipe for making a rice cakes as cycling snack.

Let me tell you these puppies are amazingly good. Way better than any energy bar and a whole lot cheaper two.

They are very filling I can only really eat a half of one at a time on the bike, but the tinfoil packaging makes it easy to rewrap and store in the jersey pocket.

If your interested there is video on the Garmin Slipstream website on how to make them.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Cool thanks!

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Did you put beets in 'em?

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
Kerry Irons said:
Or how about cream cheese and thin-sliced ham? Or peanut butter and bananas? I could go on!

how about wonka gum? a three course meal... think he's got that blueberry pie thing figured out yet?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lalahsghost said:
I just made some. I only had short grain rice, so they're a bit stickier/gummier than I expected. The parmesan pulled it all together!
I would actually like to get mine sticker. My batch doesn't hold together quite as well as I would like. I think if they were sticker they would be easier to eat.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
funktekk said:
I would actually like to get mine sticker. My batch doesn't hold together quite as well as I would like. I think if they were sticker they would be easier to eat.
Once the cakes settled in the foil wrappers for two hours or so... they became the perfect consistency and firmness. I think my "AMERICAN" diet demands me to have more bacon in it though :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
a thorn in RBR's side
116 Posts
see my comments on their garmin site

I make sushi rolls, but just don't cut them

this holds any content perfectly sealed.

fits perfectly into my paw

woof the dog

·
Registered
38 Posts
Made some too! Although mine are too "crumbly" and fall apart too easily....maybe less bacon, ham, and eggs next time rough :p

Cheers,

A.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Made a second batch and have come to the conclusion that Hand shredded parmesan would permanently give me the name
"fromage breath garçon."

Seriously. Pungent formula. Maybe It would be an advantage on a sprint? :D :D Huff and puff next to some other dude and wipe them out with cheese breath!

Oh, that and I food-processed the bacon to make it easier to eat instead of tiny strip-chunks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts