Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Anti-Hero
10,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving halfway across the U.S. and back, I have to say, I've found some really good ones, but none like I make in my own kitchen.

Secrets:
Fresh, local eggs
Good cheese
Rosemary
Chipotle Sauce
Putting the cheese in while the eggs are still a little runny in the pan so that it melts and blends in a little

Everything I need to know, I learned from Alton Brown.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Needs more avocado.

/I just watched an episode of Good Eats last night. I love that show.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
MMM I love a good omelet, ur missing poblano and mushrooms

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
I like to put the cheeze in with the eggs from the start. It makes the cheese brown a bit, but tastes yummy.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
2cflyr said:
goat cheese. one of the bestest omelette ingredients evar. trust me.
FIFY:thumbsup:

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Needs salsa. Or mustard.

joe

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
useless without bacon.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
so about 8 years back The Wife and i are at this lil vineyard/winery in buffalo grove, illinois. i had ridden by the place and read they had some good white port. it was a new place, and plunked down in the middle of suburbia.

so we go in for a tasting. theres some young chick working there, walking around, talking on the phone all snobby, giving us the "ill be with you in one minute" finger. i read the newspapaer articles on the wall about the place. her dad bought the land and built this house for the two to start the business, hoping it would become a destination for upperclass parties, showers, and the like. eventually they would like to turn it in to a bed and breakfast.

so the chick finally gets done with the call and starts lambasting the woman she was just talking to. "she was all like, 'when can i come in and have a food tasting?' and i am all like, 'my food is fine. why do you have to test it?' i mean, i know it would be my first group, but i can cook for 20 people. ive done it for 8. i dont see why she is all worried about how it tastes."

The Wife and i looked at each other.

we had the tasting, all the while the chick is going off about the woman on teh phone, talking up about how great her cooking is and the plans for turning the place into a b&b. "ive really studied cooking. i have!" she exclaims.
"really? where did you study?"
she gets a lil quiet. "did you go to cooking school?" she asks.
i paused for a few seconds. i wanted to make up a story about goin to the cia in sonoma. how part of our daily duties included tending the organic vegetable and herb gardens. how i took part in a pilot course that started with birthing a calf, progressed from feeding to slaughter, and ended with storage, butchering, cooking, and plating. i really wanted to, but i didnt. i told the truth."
"no, but i have worked in kitchens for some time."
"oh. yeah. i didnt go to cooking school. i just learned on my own. and im awesome. i make the worlds most perfect omelette. its my thing."
"really? how do you make the amelette?"
"oh, i put stuff like peppers, onions and mushrooms in it." she paused, waiting for a reaction.
The Wife and I looked at each other.
"its taken me years, but its the most perfect omelette. ever."

too bad the white port was good. because her attitude has kept us away for good.
http://www.valentinovineyards.com/

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Andrea138 said:
I like the chipotle sauce a lot better than salsa because it doesn't make the eggs watery.

I shoulda said pico de gallo.

joe

1 - 20 of 35 Posts