Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sn69 said:
I just put two Night Ranger songs on my Ipod.

Will the fact that I also put "Hot For Teacher" on there balance things out, or am I doomed?
"hot for teacher" is fine, but it's no balance unless you got an aux hookup in yer car and big bass with kickin' treble.

"panama" would even it out and give a little edge AGAINST the curse of your obviously bad taste.

moreon.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
haiku d'etat said:
"hot for teacher" is fine, but it's no balance unless you got an aux hookup in yer car and big bass with kickin' treble.

"panama" would even it out and give a little edge AGAINST the curse of your obviously bad taste.

moreon.
ps., hope one was "workin' for the weekend". nttawwt.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
I just put two Night Ranger songs on my Ipod.

Will the fact that I also put "Hot For Teacher" on there balance things out, or am I doomed?

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Don't Tell Me You Love Me

You Can Still Rock In America

...already got Panama, Unchained and So This Is Love on there. That's gotta be worth something. Now I'm listening to Rush's Working Man, and after that I think I'm gonna do some K's Choice.

Gimme some other suggestions? All forms except yee-haw hillbilly ******* shyte.

OBTW, your package will arrive on Friday.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sn69 said:
You Can Still Rock In America

...already got Panama, Unchained and So This Is Love on there. That's gotta be worth something. Now I'm listening to Rush's Working Man, and after that I think I'm gonna do some K's Choice.

Gimme some other suggestions? All forms except yee-haw hillbilly ******* shyte.

OBTW, your package will arrive on Friday.
"ain't talkin' bout love"

original or any cover in history will do just fine.

any bruce.

nirvana, particularly bleach or insesticide.

any tom waits, especially select cuts from swordfishtrombones, alice, and ALL of raindogs.

and i would recommend a hearty heaping of SOAD. they rule. etc.

oh, and something girly. that madonna CD that was her first techno type stuff, is really, really, REALLY good. no sh*t. i just about ate my face listening to that for the first time. one of my new favorites.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
btw, i have to admit a fair enjoyment of select nugent, winter band, most allman bros, and a few others of that genre. and yes--i admit, shamefully--there are very, very, very few skynard songs the J's dislikes. but it ain't like i got none but two on my iPod, and ZiLCHo in the house on CD. can't bring myself to buy that stuff. :rolleyes: really, no sh*t.

edit: good choices on the songs. i figure you ought to get "weekend" b/c it's the big #1 blowout.

and one more startling confectionary: "centerfold" by j.giels (sp?) and the entire "eddy and the cruisers" soundtrack are two of my favorite musical offerings of all time.

"my blood runs cold,..."

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
i have a cd in my car that i play after a crappy day at school or on the last day of the semester. weekends on it and alice coopers schools out also graces it. i cant really remember what other songs are on it, but htey always make me happy driving home.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Here's a brief artist list:

a perfect circle, adam ant, afghan whigs, anthrax, the ataris, badley drawn boy, beck, ben folds (solo and 5), blue oyster cult, boston, boz scags, brian setzer orch, caesars, the call, charlie daniels band, cheap trick, chris cornell, coheed and cambria, coldplay, common sense, cowboy mouth, the cure, dandy warhols, dave edmunds, death cab for cutie, disturbed, donald fagen, dream theater, duncan shiek, ednaswap, english beat, everclear, fishbone, frank black, gorillaz, gnr, guster, harry nilsson, harvey danger, iggy pop, iron maiden, the jam, jamie cullem, jamiroquai, jonatha brook, k's choice, kiss, love n rockets, matisyahu, the monkeys, monster magnet, morcheeba, morissey, nick lowe, nickel creek, night ranger, no doubt, oasis, offspring, outlaws, paula cole, pete yorn, poe, presidents..., queens..., rem, rage..., rev. horton heat, robert randolph band, rush, sahara hot nights, seal, slick pelt, social D, soft cell, SCOTS, spiderbait, sprung monkey, stabbing westward, sublime, tantric, tears for fears, ted nugent, tenacious d, thomas dolby, throwing muses, tool, unwritten law, van halen, vhs or beta, william shatner and zebra.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Funny, so is mine.

Prolly 'cause I still have the original disc and have played the crap outa it.

In this case, however, I'm talking about Queens of the Stoneage.

BUT, I need to rip all my 'Ryche. Even have the newer stuff, although I don't listen to it very often.

·
Collin's Dad
1,858 Posts
I'm only mid 20's, but my brother is about 9yrs older than me, he got me into Queensryche when they were touring Empire, really only was into Empire and Op-Mindcrime. I bought a live/unplugged CD of mindcrime about 8yrs ago, I need to find that disc, it's probably still plays.

edit: How about some older RUN DMC, like You be illin'. Or maybe some Too Short.

·
Collin's Dad
1,858 Posts
I'm bumpin' "life is too short" by too short right now. Have most of the 80's stuff listed from the first too. But it's like I stopped buying CD's in 2000 or so, i've got nothing new.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
LOL. You weren't even in

pre-school when Mindcrime came out. I was in my second year of college, by the way. ...Then again, I listen to gobs of 60s stuff.

Good music is good music.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yarble said:
i see matisyahu has invaded your playlist as well.

im actually listening to english beat as i type this.
i'm actually doing the "english beat" as i read this thread.

nttawwt.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
sn69 said:
pre-school when Mindcrime came out. I was in my second year of college, by the way. ...Then again, I listen to gobs of 60s stuff.

Good music is good music.
i see matisyahu has invaded your playlist as well.

im actually listening to english beat as i type this.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
your list is better than any sex i've had in the last 14 months. i'm stepping out for a ciggy.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
sn69 said:
XM broke him a while ago. Now the radios have their talons in him, and I can't stand it.

Even still, hasidic reggae is something to treasure.
English Beat--I NEVER tire of them. The wife and I have seen him play locally many many times.
king without a crown i think is the most played song on all our la alternative stations. still, the video for it is pretty cool. he really gets into it. i kinda feel that people are treating him as a novelty instead of as a real musician.

lost in the supermarket just came on, why isnt the clash on your list? whyyy

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sn69 said:
there ya go...that and Fishbone and Life's Rich Pageant.

Add zits, a bad bad bad self-image, awkward teenage sex, ciggies, booze, drag racing in the 'rents' car, Robotech, and unrequited love,...and you have my high school experience.

I think I'll skip next summer's 20 yr reunion.
ain't got no reunion, i was kicked out of a cupple skools and then quit a creative/performing arts HS in my senior year. :) but i gots a coolidge degree and like that. how ya lick me now?

so bus' out some 2-live crew and let's get our nasty on with that chicas.

WHERE THE F*CK IS SNAPPY?

i gotta have somebody to smack me like the b*tch i apparently am. excuse the dangling participle or whatever that was. and anything else i might have dangled. etc etc.

;)

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Really enjoyed him at first.

XM broke him a while ago. Now the radios have their talons in him, and I can't stand it.

Even still, hasidic reggae is something to treasure.
English Beat--I NEVER tire of them. The wife and I have seen him play locally many many times.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts