Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in round 4 or 5 or whatever of my saddle recovering project. Frankly I've lost count of how many I've done. I've got a few ready to be worked on and am about to get at least two more. If you have a beater saddle you would like to have recovered and don't mind sending it to me, I'll be happy to recover it and send it back to you.

This round I've got enough material to do one or two saddles in white leather-esque stuff. I did one for Andrea and moschika in this material and IIRC, it's still holding up well. She's got another in the queue. I ride the first one I ever did 4-5 times a week and it still looks new. The next two I have will be in black leather-esque stuff. I'm going to get the materials on Sunday sometime. So if you have a beater or three you want to donate to the cause, shoot me a PM and we'll work out the details. All I ask is you send it to me. I'll do all the work and send it back to you.

I think I'm gonna start charging a nominal fee after this round, so now is your chance to get it done for free. So let's get everything queued up. Please. I'm begging.

PS - I'm on vacation and won't be checking PM's or email until probably Sunday.

PPS - Saddles with cutouts suck to work on, but I'll take 'em with a caveat that they may not turn out "perfect".

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,420 Posts
What do you use for glue?
The leather on my old trusty Flite is getting loose where it goes under the rails. I've tried different types of glue, but none lasts.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
innergel said:
I am in round 4 or 5 or whatever of my saddle recovering project. Frankly I've lost count of how many I've done. I've got a few ready to be worked on and am about to get at least two more. If you have a beater saddle you would like to have recovered and don't mind sending it to me, I'll be happy to recover it and send it back to you.

This round I've got enough material to do one or two saddles in white leather-esque stuff. I did one for Andrea and moschika in this material and IIRC, it's still holding up well. She's got another in the queue. I ride the first one I ever did 4-5 times a week and it still looks new. The next two I have will be in black leather-esque stuff. I'm going to get the materials on Sunday sometime. So if you have a beater or three you want to donate to the cause, shoot me a PM and we'll work out the details. All I ask is you send it to me. I'll do all the work and send it back to you.

I think I'm gonna start charging a nominal fee after this round, so now is your chance to get it done for free. So let's get everything queued up. Please. I'm begging.

PS - I'm on vacation and won't be checking PM's or email until probably Sunday.

PPS - Saddles with cutouts suck to work on, but I'll take 'em with a caveat that they may not turn out "perfect".

I think we can come to an agreement......I have one that I would love in white

·
Review RoadBike Member
1,561 Posts
I have a Selle Italia SLR XC that I would like done. I am not s high ranking lownger though so I'll let one of them have the shot at it.

·
24,420 Posts

·
24,420 Posts
innergel said:
Grumpy, contact cement. Old Flites are my specialty.

jpleaston and dave. I'll take them all. PM me and send them along.

JohnHenry, your seats to high.
I've tried contact cement.....Doesn't last.

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
innergel said:
Grumpy, contact cement. Old Cougars are my specialty.

jpleaston and dave. I'll take them all. PM me and send them along.

JohnHenry, your seats is too high.
you're too high.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have an original Turbomatic saddle with pretty tore up leather on top that I would love to get re-covered in textured (buffalo?) leather. Any chance I could send it to you?

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bullseyehubrider said:
I have an original Turbomatic saddle with pretty tore up leather on top that I would love to get re-covered in textured (buffalo?) leather. Any chance I could send it to you?
You can send it to me. I have no source for buffalo leather. If you can supply a 16"x16" piece, then I'll put it on. Shoot me a PM or email and we'll talk about it. I've got some other options.

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
skyphix said:
If, for whatever reason, you need another one, I have an old Bontrager saddle that has seen better days. I don't use it so it could very well be your test saddle.
I'll trade you the jersey that has been sitting in my truck for a month that I've still not gotten around to sending to you for that Bontrager.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
I have a brand new B17 that is so unconfortable can you cover it in white and black leather in the style of Waylons Telecaster?

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Andrea138 said:
The one I've been using on my MTB is starting to fall apart after this weekend, but it's my most absolute favorite saddle, so I'm going to wait until it's unrideable before I send it to you.
Please tell me it's not the one I recovered for you that is falling apart. This would be very bad news.

Andrea, you like to send me very difficult saddles to work on. All with cutouts and wacky shapes. :nonod: But it's good practice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts