Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have around 2k to spend and don't know what to get....

i want a carbon bike because the roads where i ride are fairly rough

was looking at....

-Titus Modena w/ ultegra
-Giant TCR Composite Limited
-Felt F5c
-LeMond Versailles

i am also interested in used bikes so could u recommend some nice bikes that are used or are last years models that i could get around 2k

thanks alot

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
2 grand is plenty of money to look around at. Also, look into steel bikes. They ride very nice on rough roads. There's way too many possibilities at that price range to really give you a good suggestion. Bikes have a large variety of handling aspects and feel depending on design, materials, etc. You'll find a poster or two on these boards that basically claim they are all the same cuz they are made in Taiwan. Well, the quality may be similar, but the bikes are going to vary considerably in their feel depending on the engineering and what not. For rough roads I'd look at the bikes you mentioned above along with the Specialized Roubaix, Scott, Specialized Allez Cro-mo, used Titanium rigs (if you can find one in that price range), etc. But, if this is your first road bike purchase, going used is great but make sure you can ride it before you buy it. You'll want to make sure it fits you and that you really like the feel of it. I sold my Allez to a guy who actually asked if he could go on a ride with me while riding it. Worked out great for both of us. He got to play with the bike on an hour ride and I got some exercise. You may not be so lucky in that respect, but at least ride it back and forth on the street for 10 or 15 minutes and make lots of slow speed turns to see how it handles. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.