Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as of the last week or so, when I'm pushing really hard on the bike, I'm getting some discomfort in my upper stomach, lower assophageal area. I'm guessing it's some sort of acid reflux? Any suggestions or over the counter help to make it stop? The pain almost takes my breath away. It completely ruins any ride, training or other.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Before anything else it may be wise to get a medical exam to verify if it is reflux or not. Having suffered acid reflux myself and ignoring it for quite some time I ended up with more than a dozen ulcers that had to heal before I could do much of anything. There are a number of good medications available for acid reflux - some prescription, some over the counter. I believe it would be best to talk to a doctor to see what would be best. Maybe talk to two doctors just to be sure.

John

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
jonel33 said:
Before anything else it may be wise to get a medical exam to verify if it is reflux or not. Having suffered acid reflux myself and ignoring it for quite some time I ended up with more than a dozen ulcers that had to heal before I could do much of anything. There are a number of good medications available for acid reflux - some prescription, some over the counter. I believe it would be best to talk to a doctor to see what would be best. Maybe talk to two doctors just to be sure.

John
I agree. There's a lot of knowledge & know how on this site, but we're not doctors. Those of us that may be won't dispense medical advice via internet. IMO it's just not a good idea to ask for medical help on this site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts