Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the question on the local radio rock trivia was "What was LZ's last studio album?" I ring in with In Through the Out Door. They say wrong. They maintain that Coda was the last studio album. I protested saying that Coda was put out after they had disbanded after the death of John Bonham and it was all outtakes. I also stated that a "studio" album is when you go into the studio as a band with the intent on putting an album out afterward not a bunch of leftovers put together like a "Best of" album. They still ruled against me.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
you get my vote.

·
Opus was just napping
21,659 Posts
They stole their best stuff anyway.

·
p != b
2,303 Posts
wikipedia has a footnote!

While some external sources, such as Allmusic, categorise Coda as a compilation album, Led Zeppelin's official album label, Atlantic Records, categorises it as studio album. See for example the liner notes for the Led Zeppelin Box Set, Vol. 2 and the label attached to the Complete Studio Recordings boxed set.

so yeah...

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
bmxhacksaw said:
So the question on the local radio rock trivia was "What was LZ's last studio album?" I ring in with In Through the Out Door. They say wrong. They maintain that Coda was the last studio album. I protested saying that Coda was put out after they had disbanded after the death of John Bonham and it was all outtakes. I also stated that a "studio" album is when you go into the studio as a band with the intent on putting an album out afterward not a bunch of leftovers put together like a "Best of" album. They still ruled against me.
You right. Then again I lost a Wizard of Oz trivia contest once when I correctly answered Miss Gulch when asked who the lady was who stole Dorothy's dog. They thought the answer was "The Wicked Witch of the West" when that was just a figment of Dorothy's imagination. Win some, lose some.

//In Through the Out Door Sux ballz. I remember it being in nearly every cutout bin there was back in the day.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
The band on Coda was Led Zeppelin. It doesn't matter that one of the guys was no longer in the band.

By your standard, the last studio album by the Rolling Stones was Beggars Banquet.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
I get what you're saying, but I'd say, since it was recorded in a studio and released as an album, it's technically a studio album.

I probably would have given you the prize on snob appeal--it's more fun to listen to people who want to rule out some of the stuff because it's not up to their standards. Seriously.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Coda

Page was so whacked on smack at that point that JPJ did most of the guitar work.
That album is about 85% Plant and Jones (plus the drummer(s)) > I agree with pegleg hacksaw (I think a GREAT handle).

As for the Stones, all they really have ever changed has been the lead guitarist until Wyman left.
Jones, Taylor, Wood rotated, but the core of the Stones was always intact.
Coda would be like the Stones with no Keith and no Charlie

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Wasn't Presence after In throught the Out Door, or do I have my chronology wrong?

I've never considered Coda an actual LZ album.

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Like any good band.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
BMX - In my book you won.

Also, Allmusic.com lists Coda under compilations if that means anything.

Dr. Roe - Your chronology is wrong. Presence was released in '76 and ITTOD in '79.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Uprwstsdr said:
Dr. Roe - Your chronology is wrong. Presence was released in '76 and ITTOD in '79.
<del>Aww, phuck</del> Thanks!

·
Ron&Fez XM202/Sirius197
483 Posts
thatsmybush said:
They stole their best stuff anyway.
I heard that on OnA a few months ago. They played the original, then Zeps song....total music stealing hacks!!!! lost all respect for them.

·
Ron&Fez XM202/Sirius197
483 Posts
Theifs!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts