Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is: (courtesy of my 13 year old daughter)

I turn polar bears white
and I will make you cry.
I make guys have to pee
and girls comb their hair.
I make celebrities look stupid
and normal people look like celebrities.
I turn pancakes brown
and make your champagne bubble.
If you sqeeze me, I'll pop.
If you look at me, you'll pop.
Can you guess the riddle?

97% of Harvard graduates can not figure this riddle out, but 84% of kindergarten students were able to figure this out in 6 minutes or less. Can you guess the correct answer?

Help!!

·
Registered
581 Posts
i heard this

i dont have a clue......at first i thought it was ice.....but then i realized i'm a moreon.........

i hate riddles.....well.........i just hate thinking in general

·
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't play with me now

lets_ride said:
What is it really asking you?
If you know the answer...give it up.....pulease

·
Registered
442 Posts
My answer...

My answer would be "no, I can't." Perhaps I am just not as "learn-ed" as kindergarten students (or I still think like them) or I just do not have as much problem admitting that I do not have the answer to "everything" as some Harvard grads might.

Hey Paul, do you have the cite to back-up the stats on this question as it related to the percentage of Harvard grads vs. kindergarten students that get it right?

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Just read the last line and answer what it is asking.

There are only two possible answers. It doesn't ask you who? what? when? where? why?

It simply asks if you can guess the riddle.

·
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no stats

PsyDoc said:
My answer would be "no, I can't." Perhaps I am just not as "learn-ed" as kindergarten students (or I still think like them) or I just do not have as much problem admitting that I do not have the answer to "everything" as some Harvard grads might.

Hey Paul, do you have the cite to back-up the stats on this question as it related to the percentage of Harvard grads vs. kindergarten students that get it right?
I did a copy/paste from my daughters "myspace" webpage. She found it on the web somewhere - statistics attached. My answer is "no" also.

·
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well...that's dissappointing

lets_ride said:
There are only two possible answers. It doesn't ask you who? what? when? where? why?

It simply asks if you can guess the riddle.
My simple yes/no answer is NO.

·
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no...no idea

T-shirt said:
So, did you find out if that is really the answer?

Don't leave us hanging. I don't want to be outsmarted by a kindergarten student.
Kindergarten students can be sharp....sharper than Hahvaaad grads.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Chuck Norris, no doubt about it.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
rogger said:
Chuck Norris, no doubt about it.
The answer is "pressure" but I can't see how kindergarten students would say that.

// I cheated and goggled it.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
The answer is "pressure" but I can't see how kindergarten students would say that.

Whereas everybody knows that kindergarten kiddies live in the greatest of awe for Chuck Norris (and rightly so), so I'd say my answer is far more plausible, no?

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:

how does pressure turn polar bears white/pancakes brown.....I say BS......goggle be damned

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
svend said:
how does pressure turn polar bears white/pancakes brown.....I say BS......goggle be damned
I thought DNA made polar bears white, or at least their fur.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
read til the bottom, guy nailed it as did lets........you can't squeeze pressure etc etc

plus I would call BS on anyone claiming 84% kindergarteners would answer pressure.....yeah
and I went out with Angelina last night, she had a serious case of the prego hornies......

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
svend said:
read til the bottom, guy nailed it as did lets........you can't squeeze pressure etc etc

plus I would call BS on anyone claiming 84% kindergarteners would answer pressure.....yeah
and I went out with Angelina last night, she had a serious case of the prego hornies......
well if kindergartners know it then the answer has gotta be "no"--stupid riddle then.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
rogger said:
I thought DNA made polar bears white, or at least their fur.
Polar Bear fur isn't white.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts