Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend good cheap tires. Im not looking to spend $100. Right now I have Conti 3000's Red in color. I would like to keep the red theme going if possible.
No racing is done on my bike.

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok that looks good. I got a Flyer for Performance today. The Hutchinson Carbon com tire is $21.97--would that be any better?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey I looked at the reviews, it wasnt worth it. So I just bought 2 of the Panaracers, and had a coupon. With shipping+tax came out to $40. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good Choice

Nice move. I have always had problems with Hutchinsons. I then switched to Mitchlins and loved them. Finaly I found that Performance high end tires are almost exactly the same in terms of compound, but lighter, cheaper, and rated at a higher psi. Can't beat that. Please tell me how the Panaracers work out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I liked the Continental Grand Prix 3000's, but I wanted to venture to something new. The 3000's never lasted! I bought 2 pair of them. They felt realy good turning though.
I will give my review by summer. I race mountainbikes in the expert category, but I hardly race the road bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts