Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on the Tuesday night shop ride, I was riding with a guy that normally rides a tandem with his wife. He mentioned that he was going to be doing an event with his son in the coming months on the tandem.

I've read many Threads and articles about tandems and even though I read "there is a Captain and a Stoker" I always "read" Captain and Stroker.

So I told this guy who I just met, "Oh, so your son is going to be your Stroker" He chuckled, told me it was a Stoker and said his son probably wouldn't want to be called his Stroker.

I am an idiot. LOL

This isn't the first time I have read what I wanted to read instead of what I actually was reading. Anyone else as gifted as me?

·
Super Moderator
40,812 Posts
So on the Tuesday night shop ride, I was riding with a guy that normally rides a tandem with his wife. He mentioned that he was going to be doing an event with his son in the coming months on the tandem.

I've read many Threads and articles about tandems and even though I read "there is a Captain and a Stoker" I always "read" Captain and Stroker.

So I told this guy who I just met, "Oh, so your son is going to be your Stroker" He chuckled, told me it was a Stoker and said his son probably wouldn't want to be called his Stroker.

I am an idiot. LOL

This isn't the first time I have read what I wanted to read instead of what I actually was reading. Anyone else as gifted as me?

Don't ask what happened when I railed in my Feminist Studies class against the blatant sexism of my Applied Mensuration class....

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
The owner of my company is an Indian woman named, "Payal." I was reading/scanning an email last week with her name in it. It registered in my brain as, "Paypal." I actually asked in a meeting, "When did we get a contract with Paypal?"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts