Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will always love watching people race bikes, but I am know longer emotionally invested in the clown show lol. It's like the teams and organizers can't get out of their own way. Qhubeka may have a fake sponsor, doping allegations continue to flourish, and now this.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
gave up on all pro sports long ago...NFL is full of thugs, NBA added the 6th foul which bastardizes the game, MLB is yawn-inducing and the endless spitting is simply gross, NHL meh no one cares about hockey, PGA lost me with its nauseating adoration of Tiger Woods...and I hear the Pro Bowlers are all dopers, so that's out.

and pro cycling is just a mix of all that's wrong with the above sports.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I agree with some of that, but can only laugh or shake my head at other parts lol. I actually like watching XCO MTB racing, fencing is fun too, but you really can only watch it live during the Olympics (and that's probably a good thing honestly, might get old otherwise). Despite saying that, I have also found myself enjoying watching professional sports less and less. I'd rather just go participate in it myself (ride, fence, rock climb, trail run, etc.). That's far more enjoyable in my opinion. Watching just doesn't keep my attention or inspire me like it used to fortunately/unfortunately. I am also starting to care less and less about what bike I have, etc. As long as I have a solid one, why am I constantly upgrading? It literally does not make a meaningful difference in how much I enjoy the activity. It's liberating to get to this point, but I do find myself asking life questions like, what happened to me/who am I now??? 😄

·
Registered
9,182 Posts
I agree with some of that, but can only laugh or shake my head at other parts lol. I actually like watching XCO MTB racing, fencing is fun too, but you really can only watch it live during the Olympics (and that's probably a good thing honestly, might get old otherwise). Despite saying that, I have also found myself enjoying watching professional sports less and less. I'd rather just go participate in it myself (ride, fence, rock climb, trail run, etc.). That's far more enjoyable in my opinion. Watching just doesn't keep my attention or inspire me like it used too fortunately/unfortunately. I am also starting to care less and less about what bike I have, etc. As long as I have a solid one, why am I constantly upgrading? It literally does not make a meaningful difference in how much I enjoy the activity. It's liberating to get to this point, but I do find myself asking life questions like, what happened to me/who am I now??? 😄
That's the question the guys in the Borat thongs and the face painters in the bleachers need to ask themselves.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
31,669 Posts
I watch pro cycling mainly for the scenery.
Too bad the US broadcasters refuse to show any of it.

One of the reasons I VPN into the EU to watch the Eurosport/GCN feed for all races

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,986 Posts
Nothing but shattered world records in these Olympics... those COVID vaccines must have some secret performance benefits!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I will always love watching people race bikes, but I am know longer emotionally invested in the clown show lol. It's like the teams and organizers can't get out of their own way. Qhubeka may have a fake sponsor, doping allegations continue to flourish, and now this.

Having that as a professional picture is enough for me to fire him. Seriously, it's an insufferable pose, and he LIKES it enough to use it to represent himself professionally.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
I can’t believe they would bring him back!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.