Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am a regular on a lot forums here on RBR but I have to admit, I have not visited this one. Not once. Anyhow, having started a new job in a new city (Portland) about 4 months ago, I am going to take the plunge and ride into work for my first time. Yes..I am going to bust my cherry. I'm hoping I like it so much, I become a tramp. :) In my previous life, I could not commute to work via bike no matter how much I would have liked. I'm looking forward to it!

· Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Ride-Fly said:
Hi all,
I am a regular on a lot forums here on RBR but I have to admit, I have not visited this one. Not once. Anyhow, having started a new job in a new city (Portland) about 4 months ago, I am going to take the plunge and ride into work for my first time. Yes..I am going to bust my cherry. I'm hoping I like it so much, I become a tramp. :) In my previous life, I could not commute to work via bike no matter how much I would have liked. I'm looking forward to it!
Good luck. :thumbsup:

· Registered
6,078 Posts
Tell us how it went. The first time is always hard. Do it often and you get hooked.

I commuted 4 days this week. 17 miles each way -- that's 136 miles. The best part is that it takes the same amount of time as catching the train in. So I get two hours of riding in instead of spending the time crammed on the train. I have little kids at home, so commuting is about all the bike riding I can do unless I take a day off of work.

· Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pmf said:
Tell us how it went. The first time is always hard. Do it often and you get hooked.

I commuted 4 days this week. 17 miles each way -- that's 136 miles. The best part is that it takes the same amount of time as catching the train in. So I get two hours of riding in instead of spending the time crammed on the train. I have little kids at home, so commuting is about all the bike riding I can do unless I take a day off of work.
I had a great ride in and I'm looking forward to more commuting. For my situation, now is the perfect time. Our son is on summer break and will be grandma's while the wife and are at work so got some free time to ride in. Anyhow, I started in the Palisades section of Lake Oswego and took Terwilliger, up next the the OHSU campus, all the way through downtown on 6th St until crossing over the Burnside bridge to 12th st to Lloyd district. After work, went to grandparents house in Salmon Creek, Vancouver. That wasn't so nice. I couldn't commute from Vancouver to work on a regular basis.

· Pedaling Like Mad
378 Posts
Ride-Fly said:
I had a great ride in and I'm looking forward to more commuting. For my situation, now is the perfect time. Our son is on summer break and will be grandma's while the wife and are at work so got some free time to ride in. Anyhow, I started in the Palisades section of Lake Oswego and took Terwilliger, up next the the OHSU campus, all the way through downtown on 6th St until crossing over the Burnside bridge to 12th st to Lloyd district. After work, went to grandparents house in Salmon Creek, Vancouver. That wasn't so nice. I couldn't commute from Vancouver to work on a regular basis.
And you live in Portland - can there be a more sublime commuting town than that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.