Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a call from my oldest (18) saying that her friend's car won't start. She (Chelsea, my daughter) has jumper cables and has seen me use them several times. After refreshing her memory and them finding the batttery, I get a call saying they got it started. No helpless damsel, mine :thumbsup:

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
good daddy.

·
Honey Smack!
7,966 Posts
How's she supposed to meet a good guy if she doesn't need to be rescued?

·
Super Moderator
19,519 Posts
That's great. My dad taught me how to change a flat tire and change the oil and filter. But don't tell Mappy. :D

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
She is 18?!?

Wasn't it just yesterday she was a lil' bitty thing? :yikes:

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You don't need to remind me. She's going off to college this fall for pre-phys assist.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
azpeterb said:
Sounds like a great young lady. My "son" just turned 18...is she still single?
FIFY.

·
Proud luddite
7,236 Posts
iliveonnitro said:
For some reason, even in the Lounge, this doesn't sound like a joke...
Sorry...didn't mean for it to sound that way. Just a joke about parents trying to be matchmakers for their kids.

·
Failboat Captian
6,527 Posts
Be careful jumping batteries that just die for no reason. We were at a recital for one of my daughters a few years ago, and someone's car decided not to start (battery dead, but didn't leave anything on). My father was parked next to him, So I took the cables out of my van and hooked my father's battery up to the dead one. As soon as the guy turned the key, the dead battery exploded. Shrapnel missed my father's face by inches and me by a foot or two. Could have been a very ugly situation. Battery probably had an internal short.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes. And NO:hand:

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
JohnnyTooBad said:
Battery probably had an internal short.
Wifey had this happen once and called AAA who sent a tow truck. I didn't know what happened but had a hard time believing that a tow truck driver would screw up a jump (not koad). Maybe this is what happened.

·
Failboat Captian
6,527 Posts
kykr13 said:
Wifey had this happen once and called AAA who sent a tow truck. I didn't know what happened but had a hard time believing that a tow truck driver would screw up a jump (not koad). Maybe this is what happened.
You can't blow up a battery intentionally or by mistake. It has to have "issues". If you cross wire it, you just blow your main fuse (not c0d3)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.