Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking in the summer for myself, but no Synapse carbon under $3K were in stock. So I bought the Cronus.

Now for my wife, we're looking to buy a 2011 Synapse 5 Aluminum Fem. with a triple, set an appointment up to get her measured and order one before they are all gone....show up at the LBS and their main measurer is out for the week traveling. maybe we should broaden our search and may have better luck with other brands :) Although we are looking for that comfort ride ( performance bike) that I think the Synapse does so well.

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
why are you set on cannondale??? if the bike doesn't fit her, it doesn't fit her.
why a triple? they're a pain in the ass to set up and go out of adjustment a lot more than doubles/compacts.

broaden your search

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Synapse seems to be well known for comfortable ride, not a race geometry, and I'd rather not shop all the brands if it can be avoided. We're not sure how well the Synapse fits her because can't find one to test ride, that's why were starting early in the model season! She wants a triple to get up hills, I have a compact double.

·
Superstar
419 Posts
Did your LBS indicate when Synapses were gona be back in stock and did you ask them to hold one for you whether you plan on trying it or not. Also is there a question or did you just want to rant?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was just in Al's Bikes on 10th Ave /47th st and they have a Synapse in their , its probably a 2010 , but its a Synapse of some sort. Give them a call.

·
billwcc
9 Posts
I have a 2010 Synapse 5, love it. Not that I've ridden a huge number of bikes, but this one is fantastic for my purposes. I ride about 11m/day during the week, and a longer one (40-60) on the weekend. I got the bike at REI for $1100, by far the best price in this class I could find. I did replace the stock seat with a Koobi PRS Century, and the cassette and chain with Ultegra 6700. The bike rides silent as a submarine, mile after mile. The 105 shifters are fine for me as I'm way too old to race :^)

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, it's finally ordered and on it's way, for my wife.
Synapse 5 Alloy Fem Triple 48cm white
Just in time for the cold season..oh well, it will keep until next spring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts