Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,107 Posts
Do you hate it when, on a trip to Montana, your best friend dies and you have to bring him back to Texas?

I hate that too.

·
Rep *****.
9,795 Posts
Henry Porter said:
when people are late.

That is all.
+1. What really bugs me are the people that dont think its a big deal and plan to be late. Late because of unexpected circumstances I can deal with. But late because you wont get up a little earlier or move a little faster bugs the sh!t out of me.

·
Registered
614 Posts
firstrax said:
+1. What really bugs me are the people that dont think its a big deal and plan to be late. Late because of unexpected circumstances I can deal with. But late because you wont get up a little earlier or move a little faster bugs the sh!t out of me.

Like contractors talking on phones whilst charging by the hour, Grr!!

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
I really hate it when a GF says that she is late.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,420 Posts
I think I was late, once.

After that time, I promised myself, that if it ever happened again, I would eliminate all witnesses to my lateness.

Gee, I hope I'm not late to the Midwest gathering, next week.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
firstrax said:
+11

My wife's family has a very close friend who is late for everything, everytime. While we're sitting and waiting for dinner, it gets explained away as "That's just how she is."

If you can plan to be late, why can't you plan to be on time?

·
oh lonesome road for you
1,699 Posts
Never, ever move to Missoula. You think people are chronically late in Portland? Lol. Amateurs.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
terry b said:
+11

My wife's family has a very close friend who is late for everything, everytime. While we're sitting and waiting for dinner, it gets explained away as "That's just how she is."

If you can plan to be late, why can't you plan to be on time?
We have a friend like this. For a while we would tell her to meet us about 30 minutes earlier than planned and it worked out perfectly. That worked for several months until she figured out what we were doing and the late arrivals started back up.

·
Eddy 53:11
3,158 Posts
Frequent lateness means their time is worth more than yours = rude.
My #1 pet peve.

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
terry b said:
I didn't think it was possible, something you and I agree on completely.
Ah, Terry, I think there is a lot we agree on, it just doesn't happen to be anything corporate.:D

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,883 Posts
Ever see "the gods must be crazy?"

The obsession with clocks and punctuality seems largely and (anglo-?)American phenomenon. My limited experience with the rest of the world suggests that a meetup at noon means "roughly around the 12:00
Hour."

It is strange.

Oh, and I am liable to show up thirty minutes early to everything...

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
Argentius said:
Ever see "the gods must be crazy?"

The obsession with clocks and punctuality seems largely and (anglo-?)American phenomenon. My limited experience with the rest of the world suggests that a meetup at noon means "roughly around the 12:00
Hour."

It is strange.

Oh, and I am liable to show up thirty minutes early to everything...
It all started with the railroads. Blame them.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Srsly. My "generation" seems to believe late is normal, and perhaps more fitting. I don't know if it has to due with providing themselves with the false sense that people are waiting for them.

My home is hours from school, and about 45min from public transport to get into town. For some reason, I'm always the one early amongst my peers. One of my better/best friends has terrible timing, being hours late for a meet. He misses the lunch meeting, and the after-lunch "linger" around town shabazz.

I also get lost to how some of my classmates who live 2 minutes from class end up being late/absent, whereas I pretty much never miss a day. Last time I did so, it was because I was in an ambulance. Typical reason I hear from others "I couldn't stand going to class today/I need a day off". htfu, son.

I was once "fashionably late" - for prom - by like 15mins. Turns out, it was the ONE TIME people showed up ahead of time. wtfm8

1 - 20 of 28 Posts