Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's really just another black-colored bike, but something about the gloss cosmic black with brushed lettering looks so sexy. Only wished it came in frameset only.

Anyone seen this color scheme in person yet?

Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle fork

·
Crank Addict
1,943 Posts
I know it's really just another black-colored bike, but something about the gloss cosmic black with brushed lettering looks so sexy. Only wished it came in frameset only.

Anyone seen this color scheme in person yet?

View attachment 318992
Its is not just another black bike... the "cosmic" in Cosmic black means that it has a metal flake in it. Supposedly it looks like stars in a night sky and I've heard it looks pretty awesome in real life, but I haven't seen one in person, yet.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its is not just another black bike... the "cosmic" in Cosmic black means that it has a metal flake in it. Supposedly it looks like stars in a night sky and I've heard it looks pretty awesome in real life, but I haven't seen one in person, yet.
Agreed 100% that it looks "awesome". I've seen the flakes from the close up photos. I just meant it's another black bike...but by no means an ordinary black bike

Just spoke to store manager, he can order the bike and sell me the frame only. Still $3500 + tax. Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
362 Posts
Agreed 100% that it looks "awesome". I've seen the flakes from the close up photos. I just meant it's another black bike...but by no means an ordinary black bike

Just spoke to store manager, he can order the bike and sell me the frame only. Still $3500 + tax. Hmmm

Do it! I have admired the frame too. I have asked if my bike shop could do that, but they wouldn't. Might need to get the name of your shop.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I just heard that the while the Di2 and the etap version of this cosmic black tarmac have the same paint on the frame they differ by the color decals/"S-Works" logo from one another. Can someone confirm this?
Update:
Just saw the etap version's "S-Works" is white and the Di2 version "S-Works" is brushed metal color.

·
Crank Addict
1,943 Posts
I just heard that the while the Di2 and the etap version of this cosmic black tarmac have the same paint on the frame they differ by the color decals/"S-Works" logo from one another. Can someone confirm this?
Update:
Just saw the etap version's "S-Works" is white and the Di2 version "S-Works" is brushed metal color.

This is correct.. I've chatted with the designer of the two bikes and he confirmed that they differ slightly.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Absolutely right. I prefer the brushed finish!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just ordered the etap version.

Sweet! Congrats. Either one looks sweet with the shiny black and flake accents. So the etap one has the white Sworks lettering rather than the brushed I assume.

·
Crank Addict
1,943 Posts
Sweet! Congrats. Either one looks sweet with the shiny black and flake accents. So the etap one has the white Sworks lettering rather than the brushed I assume.

Yes... the Etap has white lettering.

Merc... can't wait to see some real pics.

·
Crank Addict
1,943 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts