Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, the cops came over. The party I was throwing was a little bit too insane, apparently.

Welllll, thing is, I wasn't throwing a party. Myself and my roommate were sitting on the back balcony, drinking tea. The cops wrote us a report anyways, adamant that we were being way too loud... we're the only undergrads in the 4-story, 8-apartment complex, so of course it was us! Oh and we're on the 4th floor, and the neighbor that called is on the 1st floor, they definitely knew it was coming from above them, so it had to be us.

Of course, the whole time they were writing said report, our balcony was shaking as the ADULTS on the 3rd floor blasted music and got drunk. Ergh. And today, our bathroom smells like smoke. Apparently they were smoking, and the smoke worked its way up to us. Great.

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
estone2 said:
Last night, the cops came over. The party I was throwing was a little bit too insane, apparently.

Welllll, thing is, I wasn't throwing a party. Myself and my roommate were sitting on the back balcony, drinking tea. The cops wrote us a report anyways, adamant that we were being way too loud... we're the only undergrads in the 4-story, 8-apartment complex, so of course it was us! Oh and we're on the 4th floor, and the neighbor that called is on the 1st floor, they definitely knew it was coming from above them, so it had to be us.

Of course, the whole time they were writing said report, our balcony was shaking as the ADULTS on the 3rd floor blasted music and got drunk. Ergh. And today, our bathroom smells like smoke. Apparently they were smoking, and the smoke worked its way up to us. Great.
and you call yourself a college student.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
innergel said:
and you call yourself a pretentious college student.
better? :p

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
so the cops didn't hear the party below you? what did you do to the police to make them hate you?

·
rooster rubber
625 Posts
estone2 said:
Of course, the whole time they were writing said report, our balcony was shaking as the ADULTS on the 3rd floor blasted music and got drunk.
So you've transferred to Mayberry U?

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
The cops were called because you were using inadequate beverage holders....

okay, for the tea drinkers...

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tomk96 said:
so the cops didn't hear the party below you? what did you do to the police to make them hate you?
I have noooo idea :(

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
estone2 said:
Welllll, thing is, I wasn't throwing a party. Myself and my roommate were sitting on the back balcony, drinking tea.
They should have written you a ticket for this. :D What's with young people these days? You should be out snorting coke off a co-ed's t*ts right now--not drinking tea on your porch. :rolleyes:

·
Proud luddite
7,190 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
They should have written you a ticket for this. :D What's with young people these days? You should be out snorting coke off a co-ed's t*ts right now--not drinking tea on your porch. :rolleyes:
I'd give them a little more leeway if they were at least drinking coca tea.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
azpeterb said:
I'd give them a little more leeway if they were at least drinking coca tea.
Or 'shroom tea and tripping out to a great sunset.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
What city do you live in that this happened? I will avoid getting this city and try not to get hit by a car on my bicycle in your city. The cops there would probably right me a ticket for interfering with traffic.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I've only had two noise complaints so far in my first three years. One wasn't actually me... my roommate was singing (he's a terrible singer, but it didn't bother me) and the girl from the suite next door came over in her underwear (girl was absolutely smoking hot) and yelled at him. That was two weeks in to freshman year. She moved out of the dorms after one semester because she couldn't handle living with other people.

The other was during finals that spring, when me and my roommate were playing full contact lacrosse in our room, usually from 12-3 in the morning. Two grenades who lived directly below us came up and asked us to stop. We didn't.

·
Opus was just napping
21,422 Posts
Andrew1 said:
Two grenades who lived directly below us came up and asked us to stop. We didn't.
When you begin to talk like the Situation...you have already lost.

·
Registered
467 Posts
thatsmybush said:
When you begin to talk like the Situation...you have already lost.
I watched Jersey Shore last night and have been wanting to use it in a sentence all day :D . Coupled with playing indoor lacrosse, I realize that I come off like a full-blown guido.

/thread hijack: you work at NC State, correct? I promise I'm not a stalker, but I seem to recall that coming up. What do you make of our football mess?

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Kai Winters said:
And you have done what about it?
I got off the phone with a friend in the PD a few minutes ago. They're looking into it, and most likely, said citation will be withdrawn. If not, I'm going to run to the court house screaming.

Dropped off a note, from a family friend who happens to be a lawyer, at the neighbor's apt. Something along the lines of "We'll play nice if you do, but if you pull that sh!t one more time, you're getting sued."

We aren't home during the day - we're doing schoolwork. During the evening, my roomie and I are riding bikes. During the night, we're staring at bike stuff or drinking at the bars. Either way, we're either quiet or not at home... and when we get home from the bars, we're wasted, so we crawl into bed and call it a night. As far as neighbors go, we're about as close to invisible as it gets.

·
Opus was just napping
21,422 Posts
Andrew1 said:
I watched Jersey Shore last night and have been wanting to use it in a sentence all day :D . Coupled with playing indoor lacrosse, I realize that I come off like a full-blown guido.

/thread hijack: you work at NC State, correct? I promise I'm not a stalker, but I seem to recall that coming up. What do you make of our football mess?

When you say OURS you are referring to the delightful improprieties that are happening down 15/501.

If you are referring to UNC...and the allegations of fraud, agents and the disintegration of Butch Davis...

Then I can tell you it is like this.

Being licked in the face by puppies, while being serviced by Victoria Secret models all while watching my beloved Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts