Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
a hole pickup drivers are next up.
Now THAT's a million dollar idea. A Zwift enabled sensor I can put in a white Ford F150 diesel that will let me roll virtual coal on Zwift cyclists.

Then we just need to be able to hurl empty virtual beer cans and obscenities and the realism will be complete. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
A runner on Zwift? Now that's just crazy.

What's next, dog walkers?
Zwift sees virtual running as a much bigger market than cycling. Once the running thing goes fully live let's hope at some point they get segregated into a different virtual world

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
A runner on Zwift? Now that's just crazy.

What's next, dog walkers?
They should let dogs randomly run out as you approach a structure, then when you re-spawn you're dropped from the group, with a torn kit, bandages, and a non-matching front wheel.

Reactions: jason124

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
They should let dogs randomly run out as you approach a structure, then when you re-spawn you're dropped from the group, with a torn kit, bandages, and a non-matching front wheel.
I like this idea except that once the dogs appears you should have an opportunity to try to outsprint them. If you fail then you get the bloody jersey and dislocated collarbone. Adds a little motivation

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Zwift sees virtual running as a much bigger market than cycling. Once the running thing goes fully live let's hope at some point they get segregated into a different virtual world
I like encounters with runners in the real world. I have been conducting something of a "social experiment" this year. When I pass a runner going in the opposite direction I extend my hand and offer up a high-five. I get about a 75% reciprocation rate.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
My most recent encounter with a runner was someone jogging in the middle of a busy street in the dark. Not crossing, jogging down the middle. No lights or reflective gear, naturally.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Yeah...it was kinda demoralizing watching somebody run past me, and a bunch of other people, on an 8% section of Box:

I don't see how they would be able to incorporate "hills" for all trainers...but I guess it'll just be a continuation of the few people putting down a steady 15Wkg+.

·
Registered
456 Posts
When Zwift gets into the running game, watch out! All kinds of World Records are gong to get smashed! (by fat club-runners!)

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
we upgraded our building's treadmills a few months ago to the top of the line life fitness models. it's purely virtual but i now pick a route called tibet where they add fake runners and there's video that accompanies changes in incline. i'm beginning to enjoy it. its' no where near as good as getting in an outdoor run, but on a day like today where we had snow and sleet it gets something done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts