Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was kind of weird. I left those guys, giving up the life of debauchery (well, late nights and lack of free weekends, mainly) at the end of September and haven't seen them until now. For a few minutes I missed it, then I realized how long my day had been and that I could go home now if I wanted. So I did! And without getting hassled by drunks while carrying out a ton and a half of gear. Ahh.....

Me hiding in the corner at NYE '07.

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No hat, I'm at the drummer's left and mostly hidden in the picture behind the guitarist. Music was 80's thru current covers, sort of our style added to them (or taken away). It was a lot of fun at first until "Jessie's Girl" wouldn't go away. That song goes over like free beer.

·
yup
2,726 Posts
I played drums for many years, mostly in more 70's and 80's style punk/post-punk and experimental bands. The most money I ever made was @ 18, playing country covers in a band called... wait for it... featherbed.
It paid the bills. Little did I realize it would be the pinnacle of my career in the music industry, as far as income goes.
I know exactly what you mean by missing it for a sec, then not so much...

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
tferris said:
I played drums for many years, mostly in more 70's and 80's style punk/post-punk and experimental bands. The most money I ever made was @ 18, playing country covers in a band called... wait for it... featherbed.
It paid the bills. Little did I realize it would be the pinnacle of my career in the music industry, as far as income goes.
I know exactly what you mean by missing it for a sec, then not so much...

God I remember those days. Played in a metal band in a college town in the '80's. I think the most I ever made was sandwich money. :p

·
What the Hell is going on
5,155 Posts
The Go-Nads

I'm sorta missing it. My nieces and nephews are learning to play guitar. I'd like to think I was part of the most successful punk ever (we didn't sell out). We never played live either but we made an EP titled "Don't Blame Us".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.