Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not like a BMX / Downhill helmet but like a regular helmet w/ a wacky face mask. Anyone ever seen one of these jolly boys before?

Artist's rendering:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sintesi said:
Not like a BMX / Downhill helmet but like a regular helmet w/ a wacky face mask. Anyone ever seen one of these jolly boys before?

Artist's rendering:
I wear a MET Parachute while MTBing. I had to have it shipped from Europe. I bought it because I broke a bunch of bones in my face including my jaw, maxilla and nose when I got hit by a car in late 2005 and I have to wear braces for a few years. The first time I got on my MTB after my accident, while wearing a regular GIRO helmet, I went over the bars and landed on my mouth.

I really like the Met Helmet, and it is fine for XC riding (it is NOT a DH helmet by any means). I'm told that Met will be importing into the US soon.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the one. That's it exactly. Might be fine on the trail but it looks funny as hell on the street.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Sintesi said:
That's the one. That's it exactly. Might be fine on the trail but it looks funny as hell on the street.
Well,, it does look a bit funny today, but if the desighn should ceach on, in a few years, the style helmet we wear not will look funny

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sintesi said:
Give a benefit of the doubt. As I said, I have a face full of titanium, and if it came to wearing a helmet that offers some face protection (not that it would have mattered at all in my accident) and not riding again, I'd be wearing one on the road too.

It is surprisingly comfortable, and the faceguard is unobtrusive, and does not at all impede breathing.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I would like to expand on my baove post with, I hope the face mask will ceach on. I think it's a good safety device.
When I was in TV news, I've seen many motorcycle crashes where the pefrson's face was mutilated, and some were low speed crashes. A lot of the riders on this forum are fast enough to do some real damage should they face plant.
But then again, Ohio is a free choice state with helmet laws.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.