JUICE!!!!

PM'n ya!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
stevecaz said:
Great link stevecaz!!

I just opened up the box and took out the bike last night (I was deployed with the military when it got here about a month ago.) Just a tad bit disappointed in that there was more rust than described by the seller and a few other things were wrong. The seatpost is stuck- I assume rusted in. The non-drive side BB area has a lot of rust. The shift levers need re-building and re-finishing.

How hard is it to re-build the levers so that it actually "clicks" into the next gears? It currently moves the rear derailleur but there is very little indexing felt. Also, the levers are oxidized. How do I clean that up? Other than that, not too bad. A little more work for me than I expected but I look at it as a challenge. I will try and take pics of the faults before I actually do the refurbishing. Ride ON!!! BTW, now I want a Pelizzoli!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a Ciocc 12.5 in the same color(s). Mine weighs in at a little over 21 lbs with a full Veloce group set. I think the frame dates to around 2002.

I’d say it's not as harsh as aluminum but it also doesn’t dampen vibration as well as a traditional lugged steel frame. I’m more than satisfied with the way it climbs and I’ve made a couple of descents in excess of 40 mph and it was solid. I don’t really have a point of reference with regard to acceleration but it is fast enough for me….especially once you’re up to speed.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could somebody identify this? My father was into cycling and recently passed away leaving some bikes he was building. Left a Cinelli and Alan frame as well.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
View attachment 478586 Could somebody identify this? My father was into cycling and recently passed away leaving some bikes he was building. Left a Cinelli and Alan frame as well.
Its hard to tell much from that picture. Looks like a steel frame Ciocc (choooch) with Campy Vento wheels, Shimano 9-speed components, except for the cranks. Maybe 20-25 years old. Not worth much, except to various old farts like myself who actually ride bikes like this. Its a nice bike, but doesn't have the allure of brands such as Colnago, Merckx or Pinarello.

Sorry about your father. The guy had good taste in bikes. You should take it for a spin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its hard to tell much from that picture. Looks like a steel frame Ciocc (choooch) with Campy Vento wheels, Shimano 9-speed components, except for the cranks. Maybe 20-25 years old. Not worth much, except to various old farts like myself who actually ride bikes like this. Its a nice bike, but doesn't have the allure of brands such as Colnago, Merckx or Pinarello.

Sorry about your father. The guy had good taste in bikes. You should take it for a spin.
Needs a little bit of work. I believe I need to put some rubber on the front. Might need brakes. It’ll probably find it’s way on eBay if I can’t find anyone in my area insterested in it. My father had a nice red cinelli frame he built up that I’m looking forward to taking for a spin.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts