Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
More carbon fiber please!
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, okay... that wasn't the real intent. But... I did throw the wheelset decals on the scale after I removed them, lol. I have AC CR-350's on it and never really did care for the AC decals or the Wheelsmith Spokes & Custom Built by Mike Garcia decals either. Especially now that they're on the TCR. Much nicer with the stealth look. And hey, 4.5g is 4.5g. :ihih:

·
Pluto
31 Posts
5 grams here, 10 grams there and soon your talking about some real weight savings. I removed my numerous wheel labels also and saved about 10 grams. I did it mostly for the basic look I wanted but I couldn't help checking the weight difference.

·
More carbon fiber please!
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bob Ross said:
I rode through some horse poop a few days ago and my front tire spattered it all over my downtube. Came to about 3 grams when I finally scraped it off.
Pfftttt..... if you'd ride faster the moisture would evaporate and it'd weigh less. Or, was it dry when you scraped it off? Is your bike a Trek? I hear they make good bikes.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Oracle7775 said:
I took 11 pounds off the "engine," and my wife says it rides like a dream... :D

(Now only if I had the cash to replace the 20lb bike!)
Hey mine is 21 lbs with pedals and computer. Just keep working on the engine. It's way cheaper to lose weight there!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.