Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Been there, done that. In my case a pizza delivery car pulled into my lane on a fast ride, hit the brakes so he could enter the pizza place & I ran my head through his back window. Physically I was fine, just needed 8 stitches on the bridge of my nose. This was years ago so no helmet for me either, but you have to hit me somewhere other than my head if you want to hurt me. This was also a time when there was not "no-fault" insurance in my city so I got $12,000 in damages when it went to court.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea, it was just like that but I hit dead center of the window with no helmet. Glad to see I am not the only one that has done this lol.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
Did you report it and pay for the damages?????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, the owner was home when it happen, they saw the after math just after I hit there van (the screaming man gushing blood kind of clued them in that something was going on in front of there house) they had full glass coverage and felt so bad for me because of the amount to blood I left in fort of there house they refused to take my money when I tried to pay for the window.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
Good man. There are plenty people who, if they were less injured, would have just left.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts