Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
rock n rolling resistance
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aren't all these catagories getting a little out of hand?

I think what it's doing is dispersing posters to too many sub catagories that the possibilties of interaction is getting very limited. We are all in thses little boxes and we don't have time or the patience to be hopping around all these seemingly endless catagories.

May be some obscure odd question in the fitness catagory might be the one that interests and concerns many posters who'd never go to that little box. Some catagories are good to eliminate unrelated posts and unnnecessary crashes but I think we are all getting too isolated and segmented now. It is bad as it is that the ability to view large amounts of posts and replies are gone with this format but now we are locked in little boxes without any windows and complicated doors that open way too slow to be gettin out and try to get in to another. I think more interaction will bring more posts and replies. What d'ya think? Just my 2 cents.

I know that you are makin an effort but this is what I think. It's real pain goin in and out of diff. "boxes" and most of times I have to run!

·
Ti me up
1,242 Posts
Try New Posts

If you use the "New Posts" link in the blue menu bar, you'll see the latest posts, regardless of forum. It's pretty handy. (That's how I saw your post - I never read the Site Feedback forum.)

IMO, it would be even better if the New Posts link showed all the cycling-related forums, but omitted the non-cycling discussions ones. The folks who want to bash/defend the president all know where to find that forum and I'd rather not have half the posts showing up under "New Posts" be political discussions, but it's still pretty useful. Or maybe there could be a dual version of that new posts link - one with politics and one without. Gregg, any way to do that?

But anyway, try New Posts and I bet it helps you out.

·
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I tried...

633 said:
If you use the "New Posts" link in the blue menu bar, you'll see the latest posts, regardless of forum. It's pretty handy. (That's how I saw your post - I never read the Site Feedback forum.)
And this is what I got:

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

?... Maybe I have to get out of this Site Feedback Box. I'll try that. I don't know why that "New Posts" link didn't catch my eyes before. Thanks again.

·
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Okay, now I got it.

:) :) :) Better.

Well this is kinda bitter sweet; maybe imagining that there is more going on was better than actually seeing what's going on....

BTW is this my imagination why is this page so short. Seems much shorter than the general discussion page.

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
One thing to note: you can collapse categories if you never view them. Using the little Circle Icon with two arrows in it, that is in the right hand side of the bars, you can collapse all regional forums, or all manufacturer forums, if you want.

I know this is not exactly what you are asking for, but thought it might help.

·
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It's good to know what that little icon does...

gregg said:
One thing to note: you can collapse categories if you never view them. Using the little Circle Icon with two arrows in it, that is in the right hand side of the bars, you can collapse all regional forums, or all manufacturer forums, if you want.

I know this is not exactly what you are asking for, but thought it might help.
Thanks. But no, that really does nothing for me.

Actually "New Search" link does what I was suggesting but it doesn't always work; it seem like in the wee hours in the morning , when there isn't much of posting going on and sometimes even in the middle of a day, it does some weird random kinda thing. Maybe it can be improved as I think most of people will benefit from viewing with that format; much easier to see what is being posted and replied cross the board.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
I've started to ignore the catagories...

and just use the new post list. I think the catagories will become meaningless except when you have to figure out which to post on. And even then it won't make any difference.

TF

1 - 7 of 7 Posts