Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Non non normal
10,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only a few weeks left before they start moving back down the bay so my brother and I are going to go out and catch us a bushel. It is a good day to leave work early.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
there's an easier way...

just sayin

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
There's at least funner ways.

·
Non non normal
10,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mymilkexpired said:
this thread failed to deliver....

she is happy and she has crabs

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
I just had a deviled crab from the local cuban cafe mmmmm

//latinas are hawt.

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
Are you catching them or are you buying them?

·
Non non normal
10,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ridgetop said:
There's at least funner ways.

You would need a poale to determine the best way. I am betting in Maryland my way would win. Think about it. There are bull lips involved. A trap is laid and a plan is devised. You always have a hand on the throttle when you catch the crabs. But most importantly, it is very easy and a lot more fun to get rid of the crabs after you catch them.

·
Non non normal
10,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PDex said:
Are you catching them or are you buying them?

We be catching and steaming out of the boat I made for my father 10 years ago.

·
Non non normal
10,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HokieRider said:
Ejdo is at Aberdeen today. If you wanted to send him home with a 1/4 bushel, I sure wouldn't complain!

Would you be willing to become a Browns fan and renounce your loyalty to the Steelers? I might be able to get you a bushel.

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
bigrider said:
We be catching and steaming out of the boat I made for my father 10 years ago.
With the drought, have you noticed them getting further up the bay and into the Susquehanna?

·
Non non normal
10,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PDex said:
With the drought, have you noticed them getting further up the bay and into the Susquehanna?

Yes, they are catching them right off the docks in Havre de Grace which I can never remember before in my life. We always saw a few little crabs in late summer but never like this year. The Bush and Gunpowder would fill up but not the Susquehanna.

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
I can't think of a better way to spend a Friday afternoon/evening in Maryland. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Got some at the wharf in DC last weekend, they were great. Never crabbed on a boat before, how long will it take to get a bushel?

It's such a nice day today, I am going to sneak out early and ride my bike.

·
Non non normal
10,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tommy Walker said:
Got some at the wharf in DC last weekend, they were great. Never crabbed on a boat before, how long will it take to get a bushel?

It's such a nice day today, I am going to sneak out early and ride my bike.

Well, the crabbing wasn't great but we caught a bushel in about 4 hours with 26 small traps.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Well, that's more crabs than I have at the moment. Sounds like fun. I've only used net traps tossed off moorings on the Pacific Coast to catch dungeness crabs.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
The missus picked up a couple dozen a week or two ago. Not as fresh as yours but considering our location they were awesom!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts