Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing a 01 Trek XO1 from the classifieds; never raced, frame, fork, stem, headset, and BB for $195 shipped. Yes, it is my size. I'm thinking this is a great deal. Agree?? I have everything else that I need for it; wheelsets, saddle, seatpost, crank, derailer, bars, brakes, etc.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Kram59 said:
I am purchasing a 01 Trek XO1 from the classifieds; never raced, frame, fork, stem, headset, and BB for $195 shipped. Yes, it is my size. I'm thinking this is a great deal. Agree?? I have everything else that I need for it; wheelsets, saddle, seatpost, crank, derailer, bars, brakes, etc.
Assuming it hasn't been beat to hell (it is aluminum), that sounds like a good deal. Enjoy.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks in good condition from the photos and he didn't race it (fireroads, muts, touring, etc) so I'm thinking it will be in decent shape. I'll post pics when I get it and build it up.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Check the area where the down tube and the head tube meet...if the seller has crashed it hard then this area will have a wrinkled look, which is definitely bad. Then, check the rear derailleur tab for alignment. Again, if the guy laid it down on the right side then the tab would be bent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts