Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to buy this bike, which was just posted a few days ago.

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin...ults_format=long&db_id=102818&query=retrieval

I exchanged some emails with the guy, he sent me an extra two pics and seemed ok, but he hasn't called me when I asked him to, nor has he discussed any payment terms.

He claimed last night that he was going to ship the bike out via USPS and have them confirm the shipment before payment.

I asked him again about payment, but haven't heard back from him since last night.

Thoughts??

·
Los Barriles, BCS, Mexico
1,459 Posts
marcati said:
I've been trying to buy this bike, which was just posted a few days ago.

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin...ults_format=long&db_id=102818&query=retrieval

I exchanged some emails with the guy, he sent me an extra two pics and seemed ok, but he hasn't called me when I asked him to, nor has he discussed any payment terms.

He claimed last night that he was going to ship the bike out via USPS and have them confirm the shipment before payment.

I asked him again about payment, but haven't heard back from him since last night.

Thoughts??
I believe this is a scam for 3 reasons. First a bicycle is too large and heavy to ship via USPS, they won't take it. Second USPS doesn't 'confirm' shipments, only deliveries. Third, (and fourth too,) the seller has a yahoo.com e-mail addy with someone else's name.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've posted on another thread but will post here too. Ask the seller to take the bike to the local LBS of your choice based on their address. Call the bike shop, get the name of the person you talk to and have that person call you back w/ the condition of the bike. Pay the bike shop an inspection fee and a fee to ship and package the bike for you. Pay the seller paypal if possible. I bought a bike off this site and since the seller was real, he had no issue w/ this. Sellers must expect buyers to ask this before we plop 2k on an unseen product. MB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.