Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The missus is out on her long ride today and calls asking for a weather report. This dummy looks at the radar and tells her she's got at least a couple of hours before the rain hits. I'm guessing that the radar wasn't up to date because I looked outside about 20 minutes later and it's looking very dark out there. Considering I work near a window I might have the sense to look outside. But NO, techy boy has to rely on the radar!

I figure it's best to wait and see since calling her would just keep her out longer. A few minutes ago I look out and it's pouring. I run to the car and head out to find her and give her a ride home. As I pull out of the lot she's coming up the hill in front of my workplace in the rain. She said it had just started raining and was heading home. She refused the ride and seemed to be laughing it off.

We'll see how this one goes.. :blush2:

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
she'll be fine.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tomk96 said:
she'll be fine.
Oh I'm not worried about her, she's home. I'm the moreon who sent her into a rainstorm. :D

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
VaughnA said:
Oh I'm not worried about her, she's home. I'm the moreon who sent her into a rainstorm. :D
And she's the moreon who listened to you. I figure it evens out.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bikeboy389 said:
Hear that honey? :D

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
She'll just chauk up getting weather reports from you into the same catagory as not stopping and getting directions when lost. Those calls will stop. Well played Sir!

Edit:
VaughnA said:
Hear that honey? :D
Now you've stepped in it! :D

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Points lost for the weather report, points gained for her knowing you were worried and coming to look for her. Even score.

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
See, this all would work out alright for you, EXCEPT, she is on RBR as well, and a lounge regular.

Your hosed.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
You should have told her there was an 80% chance of rain, meaning it was only going to rain on 80% of the area. She just rode in the wrong spots.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts

·
It's complexicated
1,418 Posts
bikeboy389 said:
Yeah, I shoulda known better. I could see the same storm system the Better Half could have seen from his window from the ridgetop where I was ridng when I called for a whether report. I thought I'd have enough time. I was BENT on getting in 50 miles today.

Nailed it!

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
The Missus said:
Yeah, I shoulda known better. I could see the same storm system the Better Half could have seen from his window from the ridgetop where I was ridng when I called for a whether report. I thought I'd have enough time. I was BENT on getting in 50 miles today.

Nailed it!

What?! :blush2:

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
our first lounge affair? The Missus with Bent??? Who knew Bent had it in him...

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Don't mess with The Missus.

I'm thinking new bling might get you out of this one.

Or not.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,919 Posts
got any wet jersey pics?.....NOOOOOO NOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOO don't post it Gray...NOOOOOOO

·
Frog Whisperer
40,919 Posts
sorry, the devil made me do it

·
Frog Whisperer
40,919 Posts
ok...I'll take my punishment like a man......I hereby ban myself for 20 minutes....bbl

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well she's sending me out for an afternoon ride. She's telling me that the weather is fine. I hope Bent isn't waiting in the wings!

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bulldozer said:
our first lounge affair? The Missus with Bent??? Who knew Bent had it in him...
Darn! I wasn't supposed to let that slip! :blush2:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts