Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So....

I picked up a Super Six without riding it. I sized the frame off a Six13. It's great I dig it, but I think I need a 60cm, instead of a 58cm.
I'm 6'1 with a 32" inseam. The issue as I see it is I'm maxed out on my Alien seatpost, and maxed out on my steerer tube height.

Cannondale's help is not that great as far as CS goes. They won't give me any answers and just keep referring me back to a dealer that is 2 hr away.

What do you think of the sizing issue? I don't need JA's saying that's what I get for buying before riding.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Strange. The geometry of the SuperSix and the Six13 is identical.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
At 6'1", a 58 should fit you correctly, but if not, and the shop you bought it from won't exchange it, then you can always run a longer seatpost [MTB length] and use a stem with a higher rise angle, such a a Thomson, which offers it's stems in 5,10 and 16 degree rise . Most stems are a 6 or 7 degree rise. I run a 17 degree rise from ritchey, and it moves the bars up approx 2 inches for me. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
correct, i'd be surprised if at 32" inseam and 6'1"... u weren't best placed for a 58... u can always run a longer stem for that long torso, set back post etc...

u should go to wrenchscience.com and plug in your details... give that a go.

my inseam is that or even a bit more and i'm just a shade short of 6'.. i'm suitable for a 56cm, i run a sizable drop tho (but it is a racing frame)...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wankski said:
correct, i'd be surprised if at 32" inseam and 6'1"... u weren't best placed for a 58... u can always run a longer stem for that long torso, set back post etc...

u should go to wrenchscience.com and plug in your details... give that a go.

my inseam is that or even a bit more and i'm just a shade short of 6'.. i'm suitable for a 56cm, i run a sizable drop tho (but it is a racing frame)...

thanks... that's a great site.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm 6'2", inseam is 32" for pants size and more if you measure to the floor. I've been perfect on a 58 CAAD7 and now a 58 Super Six. I'm sure a 60 would be too big for me. I've also heard that if one is between sizes one should always go with the smaller size.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Have you had a professional fitting on the 58? Seems surprising to me that a 60 would fit you.

I'm not quite sure why you're looking for other solutions than a new stem and seatpost. I would think that a combination of a longer seatpost with setback and a new stem might do the trick.

If the six13 fit, find out why - as stated, the six13 and Supersix are the same geometry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.