Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Am I defective?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be putting holes in about all my bike shorts. Left side at the top of my hamstring right near where the pad attaches.

The first time this happened, i thought it had something to do with the saddlebag i use. i pretty much stopped using it. The holes keep coming. Some on shorts that aren't very old either. Just last week, i found a hole in the same spot but on the right side too. WTF?!?!?

Anybody else have this issue? My other thought was the saddle, but i ride different bikes and they have different saddles too.

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
leave the Grizzly at home next time you ride and see what happens :)

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
either that or, maybe you should stop being such a hard ass.

ha ha I'm on a roll tonight

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for your enjoyment, a poale has been added. provide your own dancer.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
I know we're only 6 posts in, but the replies thus far (OEH notwithstanding) aren't really getting the job done.

I'll check back when it hits Page 2.

In the meantime, you might need to put some Boogie in it.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
tomk96 said:
I seem to be putting holes in about all my bike shorts. Left side at the top of my hamstring right near where the pad attaches.

The first time this happened, i thought it had something to do with the saddlebag i use. i pretty much stopped using it. The holes keep coming. Some on shorts that aren't very old either. Just last week, i found a hole in the same spot but on the right side too. WTF?!?!?

Anybody else have this issue? My other thought was the saddle, but i ride different bikes and they have different saddles too.
nope

quit shaving your legs????

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
I think you have a bad pore on your leg and it's eating up your shorts. My old roommate had a bad pore on his forehead and couldn't wear the same hat more than 5 or 6 times because the toxins from the pore would eat right through the hat. He was a Dodgers fan and had to buy a new cap almost every time we went to the stadium for a game.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
I think you have a bad pore on your leg and it's eating up your shorts. My old roommate had a bad pore on his forehead and couldn't wear the same hat more than 5 or 6 times because the toxins from the pore would eat right through the hat. He was a Dodgers fan and had to buy a new cap almost every time we went to the stadium for a game.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mickey-mac said:
double poast 13 mins later?

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Henry Porter said:
Lay off him, the Gunners had a really bad weekend.
Stupid Chelski. And damn the penalty shoot out.

Oh well.

//Maybe the OP needs to stop being so intimate with his saddle. HTH.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
Brick Tamland said:
I thought you were going to say that your butt is defective because it has a crack in it.....oh well.
But is it a manufacturing defect or normal wear and tear? I think he should file a warranty claim.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
But is it a manufacturing defect or normal wear and tear? I think he should file a warranty claim.
I think the phrase for it goes something like this: "Good God, my butt's giving me problems."

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,427 Posts
Stop riding sidesaddle.
A dingo ate my shorts.
Stop using those all plastic BMX saddles.
Try to wash your shorts at least once a week.
Moths?
Put vasoline on the "outside" of your bibs.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Touch0Gray said:
it's happened with multiple pairs made by various companies.

maybe i'll listen to grumpy and put valesine on the outside of my shorts.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts