Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I don't think I have ever bonked... Of course, my longest ride is 100km. Last night I went out for a quick 1.5hr ride that included a couple nice climbs. Got to the top of one of them and started descending when I could feel that I had a flat in the rear @30mph, thank dog it was the rear. Pulled over and swapped out the tube, threw it back on and got back going. Made the next climb and started to head home. I was at about 1hr when I just couldn't peddle anymore, could not cruise on the flats above 17mph and was like WTF am I bonking... I didn't eat a whole lot during the day but I know I don't need a much for a 1.5hr ride, and I drank a lot of water during the day.... I kept pushing on, tearing up my legs. through the agony I started thinking that I had heard this story before somewhere, probably on RBR... Decided to stop and check my brakes and sure enough, one of the rear pads was rubbing the whole time. Freed it up, jumped back on and it felt soooo much easier, I had a good laugh at myself for a minute and hauled @ss home.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I didn't hear anything. Maybe if I had ceramic bearings I would have been able to push through it.

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
I actually like it when that happens... to someone else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts