Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last week I thought I was all cool posting in the forum about carrying a bike on a motorcycle and relating my experience of having just seen an old woman with a bike slung flat across the back of her motor scooter.

Tonight, my friends... I saw an old woman pedaling down the road with a mountain bike slung flat across the front of her bicycle...balancing precariously between the handlebars and the basket. She was crossing a major arterial. Wow! Color me impressed.

·
Deliciously Ironic
1,015 Posts
That ain't nothin'

I've seen:
A guy riding a clapped-out mtn bike balancing a typewriter return on his head. (Chicago)

A guy riding with one car tire balanced on the handlebars whilst carrying another car tire slung over his shoulder (San Juan, Argentina).

·
Short legs spinnin' fast
256 Posts
That's nothing.....

Rollo Tommassi said:
I've seen:
A guy riding a clapped-out mtn bike balancing a typewriter return on his head. (Chicago)

A guy riding with one car tire balanced on the handlebars whilst carrying another car tire slung over his shoulder (San Juan, Argentina).
That's nothing. I ride with my fat ass on the saddle 5 times a week. Now if you can balance an ass as big as mine on a tiny road saddle it shows true prowess.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Years ago I bought a pair of rims from my coach. There was a road race that I had entered about 30 miles from his house. He said he'd meet me before the race & bring the rims with him. I was warming up when I saw him riding up the hill with the rims in a cardboard box strapped to his shoulders.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mr. Versatile said:
Years ago I bought a pair of rims from my coach. There was a road race that I had entered about 30 miles from his house. He said he'd meet me before the race & bring the rims with him. I was warming up when I saw him riding up the hill with the rims in a cardboard box strapped to his shoulders.
lol the mental image of this makes me chuckle a bit. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.