Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As a way to try and loosen up after my self induced weekend of pain, I took my new bike out for a ride.

A short ride, thought I wouldn't go near any hills, but I did.

The bike goes up hills really well indeed.

Thank you Mr. Strong.

( sorry , I just took pics with the bike in them!)

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
very nice

So what are your plans for this bike? Travelling obviously, with the S&S couplings. Will you tour on it (didn't notice if it had fittings for racks etc.)? Or is it more of a Strada Bianca sort of bike?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oarsman said:
So what are your plans for this bike? Travelling obviously, with the S&S couplings. Will you tour on it (didn't notice if it had fittings for racks etc.)? Or is it more of a Strada Blanca sort of bike?
No rack fittings.

No offense, but the notion of loaded touring does not appeal to me.

A "Strada Bianca' definitely,

long lazy days anywhere I choose to go. Anywhere I may end up in my travels.

Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
toomanybikes said:
No rack fittings.

No offense, but the notion of loaded touring does not appeal to me.

A "Strada Bianca' definitely,

long lazy days anywhere I choose to go. Anywhere I may end up in my travels.

Looking forward to it.
Sounds good. There are certainly lots of terrain around you for long, lazy days in the saddle. The bike looks perfect for summer jaunts on abandoned logging roads and dirt tracks.

No offence taken concerning loaded touring. It is not for everyone. When I do it, I enjoy it but sometimes, especially on a nice winding stretch of mountain road, I do wish I had one of my other bikes - just to ride. The process of cycling is just not the same on a fully loaded bike.

·
Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
Classy lookin' ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.