Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
What'd I do?
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't start taking pictures till I was around mile 15 of the C & O Towpath. But all I could see was where I'd been. I started to look where I was going, but all I ever saw were hills. Oh, well.

·
What'd I do?
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After going up all those hills, I was feeling pretty tired. There's a cure for that, though. Variety. I'm on a gear I don't usually use even on the road, no matter, I know this trail, and there's only one uphill in the dirt. The fun only lasted a half mile or so, but it freshened me up till snack time.

·
What'd I do?
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I needed the snack for the last leg home. I don't like dealing with traffic on an empty stomach. I avoided the traffic by doing some exploring. This trail brought me to the back door of the Walter Reed Annex. Unlocked and unmanned, I spent 15 minutes looking for the main entrance. Back on familiar roads, it wasn't long before the dog was inside waiting for his post-ride treat (shoulda done it first, though). Good dog.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Walking, err...riding the dog looks pretty cool...

(Did I really just type "riding the dog?" :eek: Sheesh.)

Anyway, very nice ride report! And very nice Streetdog. That frame was on my short list before I decided on my current bike; very smooth riding, hope you're enjoying it.

Thanks for posting your pics.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Nice pictures, nice commentary, nice post. It's interesting to see such masculine (read hairy) legs on RBR.:eek:
Thanks for the tour.:wink5: I can't wait till my C&O trek this summer.

Cheers,
Z

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mr. Peabody said:
(Did I really just type "riding the dog?" :eek: Sheesh.)

Anyway, very nice ride report! And very nice Streetdog. That frame was on my short list before I decided on my current bike; very smooth riding, hope you're enjoying it.

Thanks for posting your pics.
You may laugh. Years ago in my youth I rode my dog along side my bike. We just had to watch out for the occasional pole. :7:

·
What'd I do?
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
700 x 28 Panaracer T-Serv. They're a decent-handling tire at about 100 psi, but if I don't pay attention to the pressure, they get a little squirrelly, especially when the rear starts to wear.

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Was this Saturday or Sunday?

Where is that dirt? I'd like to give it a try.

BTW sorry we didn't have more time to chat but when Miss M is on a mission to ride...........:eek:

·
What'd I do?
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That was Sunday. I had been headed out Tuckerman, but decided to take MacArthur instead. I've ridden with Miss M (once), and I won't try to slow her down for too long . . . I can't keep up anyway.

The dirt is Schaeffer Farms. It's all pretty buff, the white loop is easiest on slicks, but with a couple of steep sections in and out of the creeks. I did have to walk one log pile, but mostly for lack of speed. Hope you enjoyed your hills.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.