Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Canon Fodder
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are pretty close to making they way south and the feeders were empty so the kitchen closed.
The skeeters were horrendous this year so I didn't spend as much time with the big lens out there. But these are the best of the best for now.

BTW Vaughn's post got me looking back

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Awesome shots. I can't get real close right now, they seem much more skittish than last year. And all I have is a 55-300 zoom, and it's not white;-)

I have found that I get better shots when manually focusing. I'm looking for a 400mm manual to get me a bit closer without having to mortgage the house.

·
Canon Fodder
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CdaleNut said:
BEAUTIFUL !!!!

FURST !!!!!

btw.......what type of equipment do you use ? lens ?
Canon boy here.

Those were shot with either a Canon 10D or a canon 40D and and either a canon EF 100-400 L zoom or a EF 400 f/2.8 prime

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
I always leave a feeder up until December because post-migration there is always the chance of an off course migrant oddball species. Midwesterners and Easterners often turn up western species in October and November.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
terry b said:
I always leave a feeder up until December because post-migration there is always the chance of an off course migrant oddball species. Midwesterners and Easterners often turn up western species in October and November.
Exactly...We saw a ruby in Dec last year.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I was in our garage last week. Garage door was open. I heard a loud buzzing sound (like a bumble bee, but louder). I looked up and a hummingbird was at eye level with me and so close I could have reached out and touched it. I was afraid it would get trapped in our garage so I just put one of my hands up so it would see me. It scooted out of the garage, hovered a moment then was gone. When my mom was ill with cancer she took a lot of photos from her living room of the hummingbirds that lingered outside her window. She grew very fond of them. She has a hummingbird inscribed on her grave marker, that was specially made for her. Each I see a hummingbird I think of my mom.

As I grow older little things trigger memories for me. Life is definitely too short.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts