• Look at this Duck. Look at it!

Votes: 4 33.3%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until I saw my SIL poast on fb. So I commented "Happy Anniversary!" to her

Am I a bad brother? Please coach me on the current social mores regarding FB post vs Hallmark card as Anniversary Greeting.

·
No hero that's understood
6,100 Posts
Creakyknees said:
Until I saw my SIL poast on fb. So I commented "Happy Anniversary!" to her

Am I a bad brother? Please coach me on the current social mores regarding FB post vs Hallmark card as Anniversary Greeting.
It's his anniversary, not yours.

I think you are fine here.

·
Failboat Captian
6,527 Posts
You're a guy. your brother is a guy. Right? Nothing out of the ordinarly here. Hell, he probably didn't even remember.

·
What the what???
12,714 Posts
I honestly have no idea when my brother's anniversary is. I'm pretty sure his birthday is sometime in November, but I couldn't tell you what day. If you're a bad brother, I'm a worse one.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Opus51569 said:
I honestly have no idea when my brother's anniversary is. I'm pretty sure his birthday is sometime in November, but I couldn't tell you what day. If you're a bad brother, I'm a worse one.
^^^This. I don't even have my brothers and sisters added on my facebook... and we all get along great.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I don't even know when my anniversary is. Big deal. If he rides, then invite him out on a ride. Take him out to eat. Wishing him a happy anniversary is weak. What, are you some kind of wimp?

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
I can remember what month I was married. That's about it. I know my parents, and my brothers is the day before. I usually forget both of them.

I have a hard time remembering my wife's birthday. It's just a date that I know it's one of two combinations of numbers, but I can't ever remember which one it is.

I'd prefer not to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries (other than 25 and 50), valenties day, fathers day, mothers day and or any other hallmark guilt holiday. If you want to go have a good time or celebrate your marriage or whatever, do it because you want to not because somebody told you to, or there is some date on a calendar.

How many times you've been around the sun doesn't matter. How many times you've been around the sun since something happened doesn't matter. Celebrate whatever you want, whenever you want, because you want to.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
speaking of bdays

3rd (MIL),4th (great niece), 5th (daughter), 6th (mine), 7th (wife) of November.
One big freaking party.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
The anniversary is between 2 people. If you aren't one of them, then forgetaboutit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts