Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Tarmac S-Works SL3 with carbon OSBB, but it has the c-bear sleeve installed. I'm currently running a Campy SR11 Ultra Torque crank.

Looking to replace the crank, and thinking off moving from PowerTap to crank based power. Does anyone have a suggestion that will fit, that isn't the $5k Campy SRM?

Thanks in advance.

·
So. Calif.
2,800 Posts
New generation Quarq Elsa & Riken powermeters are on sale for 20% off @ Backcountry.com

The branding is more subtle -- "Quarq" -- so you don't have to put obvious SRAM parts on Campy bike!

The Elsa & Riken have supposedly minimized/mitigated the Zero Offset drift, chainring sesnitivity, & moisture sensitivity that many complained about, on previous Quarq models.

I don't know the implication of that "c-bear sleeve", but the Quarqs are available with BB30 or GXP (threaded cup) bottom brackets.

If you have a richer budget, SRM built on a SRAM crank are avilable in the $2300 range. The ugly red SRAM branding on the SRM is a decal and can be readily replaced, SRM offers 20-30 different decal styles.

·
Registered
152 Posts
FWIW...I'm listing my Quarq for sale this week. I had it on a Specialized Roubaix and just bought the new SRAM Red Quarq. If interested, PM me for photos.

Quarq SRAM S975
SRAM Red rings - 50/34, 110mm BCD
172.5mm arms
BB30
$900

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.